Apr. 30. 2015 - Homestead Chat Tech has harmed my site with outdated codes

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I am sick over this.  The Chat Tech, today, said that my site needed all these codes. The Chat Tech took about 8  minutes to enter "CODES" that he said, was needed.
What an incredible mess.  I just logged on to my site and I received this info, from Homestead:

1.  IDENTITY OF THIS WEBSITE has been verified by COMODO SSC CA  but does not have public audit records.

- The Site is using outdated security settings that may prevent versions of Chrome from being able to safely access it.

- Certificate Info   (FYI - Homestead associates, that Certificate Info is a link that I can double click on for further info.)

2.  Your connection to SiteBuilder.Homestead.com is encrypted with obsolete cryptography.

The Connection uses TLS 1.2
The Connection s encrypted using AES-256-CBC, with SHA 1 for message authentication and RSA as the key exchange.

! SITE INFO - You have never visited this site before.

Also, when I logged on to the site, the HTTP. was crossed out in Red.
I have never seen that in all the years I have had my Homestead site.

HELP -- How can Homestead have Chat Techs cause such damage.  I have no knowledge of what to do at all.  I am a classical musician with a Homestead music site!

Homestead needs to fix this ASAP!  Sigh...

Sincerely, Michele R. Kuczuk, Homestead website:  www.BridalMusic.org
Photo of Michele R.4628

Michele R.4628

• 488 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kenneth9111

Kenneth9111

• 1,342 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Michele:  Not sure what you're seeing, but your site is beautifully done and was easily viewed by me.  I used Opera as a browser.  I think your clients can see it. Hope you can get things fixed on your end. 
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I viewed the site on desktop using Fire Fox and on my mobile with Chrome and didn't see anything amiss due to code. But it sounds like maybe where you are seeing the issues is when you attempt to log in, not viewing the actual site. In that case it will be Drew or William to the rescue!
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

The identity issue with the connection and the HTTPS crossed out red is all related to the issue in the post below.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/https-crossed-out.

This is a known issue and has been fixed in some locations but is still appearing in SiteBuilder Plus. I can assure you that your connection is secure and do not need to worry about the error message. I do not see any changes that the chat representatives did to your site that would affect it in any way.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.