apply meta tags to my site

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

What are meta tags? How do I make a meta tag? and how do I apply meta tags to my site under my key words and description?

Photo of Anne/Stephan8546

Anne/Stephan8546

• 686 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • curious

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 37,352 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

A meta tag is a HTML element or code that tells search engines what the contents of the web pages are about. For instance if you sold cars you can create tags for certain words or phrases likes cars for sale, new cars, old cars etc. Any thing you think someone would be searching online for and the search engine provides your site as a result.

For Sitebuilder plus websites, in order to create these codes you will need to use a meta tag generator (there are many free online that you can use just search meta tag generator). Once you obtain these codes you can place them in the head tag under page settings then advanced settings. 

For Websitebuilder website you do not need to generate codes for meta tags as they are automatically created based on the actual content and verbiage on your websites pages. To ensure you can be found for your desired terms, words, or phrases just include it into text on your page. If you are not able to incorporate the specific word or phrase you can then create a meta tag with the generator and place them under page meta tags https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-page-titles-and-descriptions