Anyone else here considering taking homestead to court for losses?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Anyone else here considering taking homestead to court for losses? I am losing thousands because of this "update" they never gave us any warning. This is rediculous.
Photo of Travis9927

Travis9927

• 334 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • pissed

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm waiting to see how this all shakes out and how Homestead addresses the issue of compensation. The right thing to do would be for them to contact clients and present their offer - I don't believe that customers should have to contact them initially. I also feel that their contact should be via email since not everyone uses this Community or knows about it.
So that's my 2¢.

EDIT: After a few minutes of reflection my light bulb came on.  What a Catch-22 for Homestead. Do right by their customers and send out a blanket email that will reach not only those who have been affected, but also those that haven't. You can take it from there given HS has no way of proving who is and who isn't (to my knowledge).  Tricky wicket.
(Edited)
Photo of Richard8458

Richard8458

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Yes. Happy to join any lawsuit against Homestead.

Photo of DONNA8232

DONNA8232

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
we cant even get them to return a call.
Photo of Ken9100

Ken9100

• 1,656 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Homestead is not going to volunteer any compensation plan and each of us doesn't matter to them individually. The only way to get their attention is with a class action and it wouldn't be hard to find an Attorney who would take the case on contingency. There are probably several of them working on it already. Icould be a mini BP class action. The problem is that it will take years to litigate and each of us will have to submit a claim and prove it. Then by the time the lawyers take their share, each of us will get pennies. Homestead's defense is that this sort of thing happens all the time to hosting companies. The thing they can;t defend is that they didn't warn us that it was coming to give us an opportunity to make contingency plans. Doing it around the holidays cannot be defended and their lack of communication shows they are tone deaf to our problems. I have already checked into moving my site elsewhere and unless you want to build a new site from scratch, you are stuck with Homestead. There is no way to move a site builder site. They know this and aren't too worried about people leaving. I got everything back working the week before Christmas but it started going downhill yesterday and today I have nothing. I can't log in and no one will be able to get to my site. This has cost me thousands in sales and wasted advertising on Facebook. I wrote to Facebook and told them what was going on and they said there is nothing they could do because the problem is not at their end but they gave me a $200 advertising credit because they wanted to do something to help. Homestead could take a lesson from Facebook about customer relations. Actually they could take a lesson from just about any other company. 
Photo of marcus5851

marcus5851

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Im all for the lawsuit because this is really really killing my business and this is how I make my income I provide a solid service but unfortunately Homestead is giving me a BAD REP because these same damn issues continue to happen!  
I have had my website with Homestead for 14 years! And as of the last few years they have continued to disappoint me so badly. Consistently not letting me know if they are going to me 'updating' or doing junk that could cause my business website a problem. I am self employed and this truly can and does hurt my income I am sure. Then if you dare try and use their 'chat' the chat 'experts' disappoint you at a even higher level with how idiotic and stupid their remarks can be. Good luck with getting help by phone. My site was fine today, then all the sudden I cannot even find it? No links at all will open it! Not only is there technology 'old fashioned' to say the least, they are not even close to the cheapest! I have made my website rank pretty high on Google, and they are really worrying me that my rank will drop if Google searches cannot locate my site off and on. I would join any law suit. I also pay for google adwords, etsy ads, twitter ads, FaceBook ads.. so will homestead pay for the time lost that I pay them for? I am disgusted with you Homestead!
I have had my website with Homestead for 14 years! And as of the last few years they have continued to disappoint me so badly. Consistently not letting me know if they are going to me 'updating' or doing junk that could cause my business website a problem. I am self employed and this truly can and does hurt my income I am sure. Then if you dare try and use their 'chat' the chat 'experts' disappoint you at a even higher level with how idiotic and stupid their remarks can be. Good luck with getting help by phone. My site was fine today, then all the sudden I cannot even find it? No links at all will open it! Not only is there technology 'old fashioned' to say the least, they are not even close to the cheapest! I have made my website rank pretty high on Google, and they are really worrying me that my rank will drop if Google searches cannot locate my site off and on. I would join any law suit. I also pay for google adwords, etsy ads, twitter ads, FaceBook ads.. so will homestead pay for the time lost that I pay them for? I am disgusted with you Homestead!
Photo of Richard8458

Richard8458

• 360 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
For close to a month we have had virtually no access to our website for changes/updates, etc. I'm up early hoping to get into the site and NOTHING. Horrible and the lack of communications from these foks is even worse. But complain, and they delete the comment. PMO.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.