Any one have advice transferring away from the Network Solutions road blocks?

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I am having issues transferring my domain away from Network Solutions to homestead.com.

Any one else have to send them a utility bill with the exact name and address as what you registered the domain in?  I did. Finally logged into Network Solutions.

Any one else experience the immediate "transfer lock" for 30 days as soon as you click on "Transfer Away from Network Solutions"?   I did. Fighting it now.

Any other hints and tips to provide as I embark on this journey that has already taken 2 months and I am still unable to even start the transfer!

Is it possible they may steal my domain name from me if I don't follow all their transfer advice?

Photo of ReadyRandy

ReadyRandy

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • untrusting

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
ICANN regulates all domain transfers. One of the regulations is that a newly registered domain or a recently transferred one, must stay in that place for 60 days. If you fall in these categories, you will not be able to  fight it. If it has been there for more than 60 days, I am not aware of anything that allows them to hold it for 30 days, unless they have it buried in their Terms of Service. You might want to look those over.

Drew
Photo of Leah3842

Leah3842

• 966 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I don't recall having any trouble transferring from Network Solutions to Homestead, but I did get a notice from them that my 5 year domain registration is expiring and when I logged into Network Solutions, they didn't have either of my domains listed.  Silly me, of course they didn't, I am registered with Homestead now, duh.
Drew, everything is working just fine and we are getting a lot of business so apparently the migration is complete?  
Very happy!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The migration is mostly complete, but there are still a few issues that need to be addresses, but the vast majority of accounts should be working normally now. I believe that I looked your account up and 1 of your 2 domains is still registered at Network Solutions

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.