Amazon Tax STILL Not Importing to Bigcommerce

• Problem
  • Updated 4 days ago
  • Acknowledged
My original problem has partially been fixed, but not completely. Tax on Amazon orders from Kentucky (our location) now shows up correctly in our Bigcommerce back office. The problem now is that tax from states that Amazon collects and reports does not show up in Bigcommerce. Order #3502 shows that $0.73 tax was charged, but on the Amazon invoice it shows that $4.17 of tax was actually charged. I can't print and send invoices from Bigcommerce that list incorrect charges. The state in question this time is Washington. According to Amazon, Washington, Pennsylvania, and Oklahoma are the states from which they collect and report tax. 

Photo of Linda9586

Linda9586

• 908 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 12,160 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Linda9586

We still do have BigCommerce looking into this. I will definitely pass this new information on to them. Unfortunately. that is the extent of what Homestead can do, since this is an issue between two 3rd party companies. I will let you know if I hear anything back from them.
Photo of Linda9586

Linda9586

We are a Homestead customer, so we have to go through Homestead.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 12,016 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yes, and we are passing the information on to BigCommerce, so they can look into it. I'll let you know any response we get.
Photo of Linda9586

Linda9586

Thanks for passing the information. This has been problem for almost a year, so as you can imagine, we are anxiously awaiting a long overdue solution. Is there some way I can contact Bigcommerce myself?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Unfortunately, no. Since you have your BigCommerce store through Homestead, their support will just refer you back to us.
Photo of Linda9586

Linda9586

Update: KY orders are also showing incorrect tax again. Order #3535 only shows tax for shipping. I'm sure Bigcommerce is "still looking into it," but I thought you should know.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 12,160 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Linda9586

I will continue to pass the information to BigCommerce about this and try to get you an answer as soon as we can.
Photo of Linda9586

Linda9586

Another KY one this morning- #3558
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

OK thank you