Am I being cheated by Homestead?

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How come when I put my business name and website name in the search nothing comes up. I am paying all this money for website service and my website does not come up???? Something is definately wrong????? What is the problem????????????
Photo of Marcia1093

Marcia1093

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • very pissed and feel cheated!

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Marcia1093

Marcia1093

from Marcia1093:

By the way my website is www.AandAtaxservices.net standing for Accurate and Affordable Tax Services.
Photo of JCBling

JCBling

• 2,464 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Good Morning;
I looked at your website.
Bring up your web page on the net and right click on your page.
A menu will come up and then click on View Source.
You do not have a title on you index page.
Also, you have very, very, few words on the front page.
Take some words from your about page and put on front page.
GET RID of Center text.
www.JCBling.com
Photo of Marcia1093

Marcia1093

JCBling:

I don't think your suggestion has solved my problem. I pay good money every year for to Homestead for website service. At least one of the services should be, getting my website on line and to be able to bring it up when I put in tax services or when I put it in search on the website.

What do you mean I do not have a title on my index page--please explain and if that makes the difference of my complaint please tell me how to do it. Secondly, I like my front page, I don't want too much clutter on it. What do you mean get rid of center text? and what will this prove?

Thank you! PS I have changed this domain to www.taxservicesbymarcia.com.
Photo of JCBling

JCBling

Type in the word "Tax services" into MSN and you will find 159,000,000 ( million ) pages with those words. Without additional text on your front page, you have a long wait to get to the top for that search term. In regards to center justifed text, look at any other page on the net. Almost all websites have text as Left Justifed. Good luck on trying to change what is normal in the industry.
Photo of Marcia1093

Marcia1093

OKAY, I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE. I CHANGED MY WEBSITE NAME, HOPING THAT WOULD HELP, TO "TAX SERVICES BY MARCIA". I SEE SOMEONE NAMED MY INDEX TO THE OLD DOMAIN NAME, I ASSUME YOU. CAN YOU CHANGE MY INDEX PAGE TO "TAX SERVICES BY MARCIA" OR GIVE ME INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO IT. THANKS MUCH.
Photo of Marcia1093

Marcia1093

JCBling: I have followed your advice and started all of my webpages to the left, especially the page with the writing on it (about). I also put some words on my index pages. However, when I took your advice and typed in "tax services" my website still did not come up and I went as far as 33. Why???? I don't understand why I am paying so much and not even showing up on the website. I also changed my domain name to my website to make the words more conducive to being popped up. But that didn't work, it still didn't work. Please more suggestions. Thank you!
Photo of JCBling

JCBling

One of my post here was deleted. There are 159 million pages for the search term " Tax Services ". You need longer key words on your front page like, Tax Services by Marcia in ( City, State )
Photo of Julia3390

Julia3390

• 308 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I looked at your site, too. To understand why you must have more content on the first page, know that the "spiders" who search for new content, search the front page. "content is king" in getting your sits up the waiting list on Google and other places. with only a few words, you cannot expect to get seen by them.

Think "key words" - what words will people use to "google" me? And make sure they are not only ON your front page, but also typed into the description and keywords in meta tags on the site.

adding a blog is also a good idea. You can't expect the spiders (Google, etc.) to spend any time on your site if you don't.
Julia
Photo of Marcia1093

Marcia1093

Thanks Julia3390. I spend lots of time on my website probably more than anyone else because I am new at this. The creation and use of the website its suppose to be very user friendly. I created my website and I like it because its "not busy". I put more keywords on my front page, however, I had enough "key words" to bring it up, such as, tax services, affordable, accurate, 1040. I still think that I pay over $200 to have a website and Homestead needs to take accountability for doing one thing and that's getting me on the internet.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Marcia -

I completely understand your concern and want to help! The service you're currently paying for is to host your website and use the Sitebuilder on our servers. Unfortunately, while we do host your website to be online, getting your website found on search engines is a completely different battle that requires constant work on your part. We have a few helpful posts to get you on the right path, but the tips above by Julia and JCBling are also great suggestions.

We also have an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) service that you can add to your account where we do the work of getting your site more visible on search engines for you. If you're interested in that you just need to log in, click on Add-on Services > Search Engine Optimization

Hope that helps!
Aubrey

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.