All files of my website were deleted

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

All my files were deleted 1 week ago when I just wanted to enter "edit site". I could not enter the files like usual, you wanted me to create a new site, but I had my old one and I was happy with it. Thene I clicked somewhere and I had to verify my contact data and then it said it was creating the site and within 1 minute all my 200 or something sites dissapeared! It did not ask if I want to delete my old site, nothing! I tried to enter with Site Builder and it was possible 1 time, so I tried to upload some old file, and it worked but after I had to close the program for a few minutes since then I cannot enter the Site Builder again. I do have a backup of my website and I want it back on the Internet. Please find some solutuion. For now we did a routing to another website but this can be just a temporary solution for I need exactly this old website with all the old texts. It is a business site and I need it so I am very considered about my future and very desparate. Please answer fast and let me know how to send you the files. Thank you very much!
Photo of Marie-Sophie2311

Marie-Sophie2311

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I did review the actions on the account and it does show on 8/19/2019 the template was reset. When this happens it does provide a warning screen saying all contents will be deleted. Unfortunately, this was confirmed and the files were wiped out. What I can do is put in a ticket to attempt to run a website restore but there will be a $50 fee for the restore. Homestead runs their backups every weekend so since it was reset prior to this weekend there may be a chance there was no content to back up.  If nothing is found and the site cannot be found we will refund that charge. Would you like to me run a restore for the $50 fee?

Marie-Sophie2311

Yes, please do the restore!
Just one thing: There was NO WARNING SCREEN!!!!!!!
Kind regards,
Marie-Sophie
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I will put in the ticket. Please allow 24 hours for an update on the restore. Thank you.

Also, to confirm the site we are restoring, is it prosites-wienfuehrung which is attached to wienfuehrung.com currently. Or is it another site name?
(Edited)

Marie-Sophie2311

hello, it is www.wienfuehrung.com - please restore it. I don't know what this prosites is! I need it like it was before the 19th of August!.
I also have all files here offline on my computer - I can send them to you if you just give me some adress I could send them to!
Thank you
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,926 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I am very sorry, but unfortunately, this was only an option before our system did a backup this weekend. I doubt the files would have been available on Wednesday if you had replied at that time, since you stated that it was overwritten on the 19th, but we were willing to try. At this point though, it would definitely not be available. I apologize but we are also unable to restore a site based on files that you send.
For any future issues, I highly recommend you contact us immediately when issues like this occur, to give us the best chance to be able to resolve this for you. If you had contacted us when this happened, on the 19th, we definitely would have been able to restore the site as that was a Monday.

Now, when I visit your site, it does redirect to another website, https://wienfuehrung.at
Is that the site that you would like this domain to pull up?
If so, we can point the domain directly instead of with HTML so there isn't a delay in the loading time

Marie-Sophie2311

Hello,
Please send me the Auth-Code for this domain: www.wienfuehrung.com - World4you is going to transfer it. I have paid the bill till the 6th of July 2020 and after that date I would like to cancel your services. Prior to this date I will transfer the domain to an European provider that offers me the services in the way I need them.
Thank you for understanding and for the immediate sending of the Auth-Code.
kind regards,
Marie-Sophie

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,038 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I apologize to hear that, here are the steps to complete to release your domain for transfer https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_transfer_my_domain_to_another_host. It would be best practice to call into support 1-800-710-1998 upon successful transfer of the domain the day you want to close the account. Or reach out here and you can get assistance.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.