After the Email Platform Upgrade, what information will transfer over to my new email?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We’ll automatically be moving the following items to your new email:

• All of the folders and email in your inbox

• All of your current sent messages

• Your address book and contacts

• Your primary calendar (if you have more than one calendar, only the first calendar will be moved to the new platform)

• Your automatic mail forwarding
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Eric0010

Eric0010

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
None of my contacts in my address book transferred either. Domain name is hhsrescue.org
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry for the slow response. We are looking into the cause and solution to this problem. For now, I have reactivated your old account.

You should be abls to log in at http://mail.homesteadmail.com to view your contacts. You will still need to send and receive through the new platform.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Eric0010

Eric0010

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was able to export my contacts, but unable to import. I am getting error messages that "could not translate a single column title. Is this a valid CSV file?"
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The 2 platforms are in different formats. Add 1 contact to the new program and export it. Then you can copy and paste the data from the old platform in the new spreadsheet.

Drew
Photo of Beverly7241

Beverly7241

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The primary calendar transferred but not the info. How can I retrieve my appointments.
Photo of Beverly7241

Beverly7241

domain name codysirrigation.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry for the slow response. We are looking into the cause and solution to this problem. For now, I have reactivated your old account.

You should be abls to log in at http://mail.homesteadmail.com to view your contacts. You will still need to send and receive through the new platform.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of James2443

James2443

• 62 Points
Want to try unlocking old email account to get access to contact list.
jaccardi@juneelectric.biz
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Traci4126

Traci4126

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately my business was closed for the last part of December. Now I am discovering that only part of my contact list transferred over. And I believe all of my saved folders are gone. Please advise me on the info you need to unlock my old account.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The old email account has been unlocked, you can go to mail.homesteadmail.com and log in to get whatever data you need.

mike
Photo of Julie7682

Julie7682

• 60 Points
I'm in the same boat as Traci above. Just learning that none of my folders transferred. HELP!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Be sure to click on the Inbox and expand it open. You'll likely see your other email folders in that location.

If not, let us know, in which case we'll have to take a look at your account.

Mike
Photo of Megan0002

Megan0002

• 60 Points
I just realized that none of my contacts transferred. Please advise. Thank you.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Megan0002, sorry if the contacts did not transfer over for some reason. We've unlocked the old account for you so that you can log in and get any contacts or other information you need. You can log in at mail.homesteadmail.com
Photo of Lawrence ATM

Lawrence ATM

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just got the upgrade today. My Address Book is not in the Contacts. Need help ASAP. Thank you.
Photo of Lawrence ATM

Lawrence ATM

my email address is atm@atmsince1995.com
there are 0 Contacts or Collected addresses.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Lawrence ATM,

I have someone looking into this. We'll move the contacts if possible. I'll keep you posted if there are any issues.

Mike
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Lawrence ATM, IT look like the best solution for your account is to re-migrate the contacts. If you added any new contacts, this re-migration will override those changes. Reply here to confirm if you would like us to go ahead and remigrate.

Mike
Photo of Lawrence ATM

Lawrence ATM

Hi Mike, I have not added anything new and I have no idea what re-migration is. Please restore my Address Book to the new Contacts system as promised.

This is the text from email sent by Homestead on 12/30/13 regarding the system upgrade:
HOW YOU'LL BE AFFECTED:
The upgrade should not impact your email delivery, and no mail
should be lost. The contents of your inbox, sent messages,
folders, address book and calendar will automatically be
transferred over to the new platform.
Photo of Lawrence ATM

Lawrence ATM

it is now 8+ hours later - where are we on my Address Book? Lawrence
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

HI Lawrence ATM, This will take a little more time. I have sent the request to remigrate. You may not see them until tomorrow.

Mike
Photo of Don0521

Don0521

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have not been able to access my e-mail account for days. I found a way through the website but my e-mail has changed for some reason. Not all my folders came on the new e-mail. Please unlock and let me know how to move the folders to my new e-mail
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: missing email folders
Photo of Donna7552

Donna7552

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I can send emails but haven't received any emails for I don't know how long. My domain is badgeapeel.com
Photo of Donna7552

Donna7552

please contact me at badgeapeel@yahoo.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

How are you trying to send/receive? Through the website? or are you using an email program such as Outlook?

Mike
Photo of Donna7552

Donna7552

I just need to receive. I am actually checking my emails through the website. I am not even going to try Outlook at this point. But I receive orders for my business through my emails that I am not getting. Please help.
Photo of Donna7552

Donna7552

I can send, but not receive.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I see you have several addresses. Is this problem occurring with all of them, or just a single one? which one(s)?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Donna7552, After taking a further look at this I see the issue. You have the nameservers pointed to Bigcommerce. This changes the mx records which control the email. Is there a reason you have the nameservers pointed to Bigcommerce? If so, they may be able to change the mx records from their end. Before we can advise you for sure, we'll need to know why the nameservers where changed.

Mike
Photo of Devin4640

Devin4640

• 60 Points
After the switch my deleted emails seem to vanish into thin air they are no longer transferred into my deleted items folder on my IMAP. Where are they going and how do I get this to stop. I use Windows Live Mail. I didn't have this problem before the switch
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Devin4640, I did some research on this and it appears that many Live users have this problem. I found numerous websites discussing this including this repsonse from Microsoft. Apprently when using MS Live mail and you have it configured as IMAP, when you delete an email, it is gone. Here's a link to the page: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wi... but I quoted them below.

If you are using POP account, please check if you have the set the leaving a copy of the email on the server. To check, please follow these steps:

1. Click on mail account in Windows Live Mail.

2. Go to Properties and then choose Server and then Delivery

If the settings are ‘should not be set to delete email from the server’ then there should still be a copy of the email available on the server.

Note: The steps above only applies to POP accounts sychronized in Windows Live Mail that are not Microsoft accounts.

· For IMAP, if you delete an email it's gone.

I can see how this could be an issue for many people, If you don't have Outlook, you might want to download Thunderbird and use it instead, or configure the WLM account as POP instead of IMAP.

Thunderbird configuration: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Sam5842

Sam5842

• 70 Points
My domain name is www.london-mobility.com and my email address is enquiries@london-mobility.com and I am now missing all of the folders containing important emails that I was promised would be transferred during the upgrade. I am desperate to access them as I need vital information from them.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sam5842, can you confirm they are not in the location shown above? If so reply here and we'll request a re-migration.

Mike
Photo of Sam5842

Sam5842

• 70 Points
Hi Mike, Thank you for your reply. The folders are all still missing. I have my inbox and sent items only.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, I really meant to direct you to a slightly different help topic, but to be 100% sure, did you click on the Inbox folder (arrow on the side) and expand it down. This is actually where the other folders would be. If you are sure they are not there, we'll proceed with re-migration if you wish. You can reply here, or give us a call 800-710-1998.

Mike
Photo of Heidi8660

Heidi8660

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please DO NOT upgrade any email account affiliated with the domain name www.keyfundsol.com until you can properly resolve the calendar and email folder issues. You do not have my permission to transfer my domain/accounts to the new platform until you telephone me directly to address these concerns.

I have 12 different calendars that all inter-relate which took me literally 10 hours to create, thanks to no assistance from your tech support; I had to figure it out on my own to get them to all "talk" to each other.

I also have a minimum of 20 subfolders associated with each of the emails below, some of them even numbering into the 100s. I do not use any kind of exterior email program (outlook, etc.) I use straight Hmail.

heidi@keyfundsol.com
care@keyfundsol.com
ichs@keyfundsol.com
acmhf@keyfundsol.com
admin@keyfundsol.com

Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hello Heidi8660, The emails folders and primary calenars should move fine. However if you happen to have secondary calendars in any of those email accounts, you may want to take a look at them and start to back up the events/details, as any secondary calendars will not transfer.

This post may help: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

I realize there are a lot of posts here with various people stating that their email folders are not transferring over, but it is actually pretty rare for them not to. The folders that migrate over are simply located in a sub-folder. Many people just overlook the location. Instructions are shown here: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Heidi8660

Heidi8660

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please explain what a secondary calendar is...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

In the Zimbra system, there was an option to create additional calendars in addition to the one that is already created.
Photo of Larry9926

Larry9926

• 60 Points
None of my email folders transferred. When will you have these moved?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Larry9926 Take a look here and let us know if there's still a problem: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Neil9963

Neil9963

• 60 Points
My email are automatically forwarding as promised, but where do I find that preference?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Here's the page which shows how to set up a forwarding email address; https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Charmagne9970

Charmagne9970

• 380 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I don't believe any of my emails have been transferred to the new service yet. Is there any way I can find out exactly when that will happen?

Also, is there a summary of what will be happening that I can forward on to my customers who use Homestead Email? I'd like to make sure they know what's going on and to contact ME if there is a problem.

Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Your account has not yet been changed. You will receive an email when yours is to be done, and again when it is finished. They are trying to get finished this week, so you may hear something in the next day or 2.

Here in the community, there are a number of threads if they use client mail programs. You can search for iphone, android, outlook+year, thunderbird, and you will gett applicable changes.

Make sure to use the topic including "using Open Xchange.

Drew
Photo of Michael5943

Michael5943

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can't log into my email the old way. When I logged into my email the new way and got the new email, my folders and contact lists were not there. Please help

Domain is strainerpros.com My email is office@strainerpros.com

Thank you in advance for your help
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I'm not sure what you mean by the old way and new way, but, one way that should always work is by using the web mail link at the top of www.homestead.com

If you are unable to log in there, let us know what's happening or any error codes you might be getting.

Mike
Photo of Michael5943

Michael5943

My folders, sent emails, address book contacts, did not transfer. Basically only the stuff in my inbox is there.

Thank You,

Mike Higgins
office@strainerpros.com
Photo of Michael5943

Michael5943

Please unlock the old account through the zimbra mail.

office@strainerpros.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you wait about five minutes, you should be able to log in at mail.homesteadmail.com
Photo of Kimberly2292

Kimberly2292

• 60 Points
new old account unlocked, none of my folders transferred over with the upgrade and it has all of my correspondences with my customers. thanks, Kim
info@appalachiansockcompany.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry, I don't understand Kimberly 2292,

Did you mean you need the old account unlocked?

Mike
Photo of HannaK

HannaK

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask but I do not see where else to write

YOU PROMISED "Your automatic mail forwarding" will work.
WELL, it does not! Please help!

studio@hannaklein.com
kiryatanavim.com
Thanks
Hanna
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

It will work, but there can be a number of reasons why a message may not get forwarded. The most likely reason is that the original message does not pass the spam filter.

There are a number of things that could cause it to fail. The first thing to check would be the email address/domain name from the sender. If you want to post it here, we can check. If its not the address/domain from the sender then it could be any other component of the email and there's a more secure form you can fill out if you need us to research this.

Mike
Photo of HannaK

HannaK

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank You Mike for your answer, now it works fine!
Hanna
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Thanks for the follow up.
Photo of Michael5943

Michael5943

This is so messed up I can't get what I need. I am seriously considering going to a different provider.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Michael5943,

Is there something in particular we can help you with?
Photo of Irene3096

Irene3096

We got the information about the homestead email update, and are still using the mail.firstchoicedecor.com on Windows Livemail. It still works. There is no choice for IMAP. The FAC does not address Windows Livemail (Windows 7), so do we need to change anything?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

For any 3rd party email program to continue working which uses either POP, or IMAP settings, you will for sure need to update the email server names. All other settings should stay the same.

For IMAP

Username = Email Address

Password = your email password

Incoming server = imap.homestead.com

Outgoing server = smtp.homestead.com

Incoming port = 143

Outgoing port = 587

Encryption/SSL = Off

For POP

Username = Email Address

Password = your email password

Incoming server = pop.homestead.com

Outgoing server = smtp.homestead.com

Incoming port = 110

Outgoing port = 587

Encryption/SSL = Off
Photo of Irene3096

Irene3096

Thank you for your reply. That helps.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Great!
Photo of Tony Bertot

Tony Bertot

• 60 Points
I need my folders repopulated to the new location. There are important confirmation email in there related to my business.

This was very unprofessional of you to do without prior warning.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Sorry for any confusion. All of your emails that migrated from the old system will appear in the same folders. You just need to click/expand the inbox for them to appear.

Can you explain what you mean by "repopulate to the new location" ?

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.