Adwords not accepting my site

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I've been trying get a Google adwords ad started for my new BC store. Each time I get a message back that the site does not meet their compliance requirements. Sometimes I get a message saying that the ad wasn't right but mostly it places blame on the website. It also says suspended. When I try to contact them to find out more that doesn't go through because they don't accept the URL ofmy store as valid. Can you help?
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

• 922 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you post the exact error(s) you receive? There are many reasons you can get the compliance error. You can read the requirements at the link below. What URL are you receiving the error(s) for?

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

Right now it says ad disapproved, Reason Site not working. Sometimes it says disapproved, site not in compliance. I have written and rewritten the ad. My only guess is that they don't like the repetitive use of the main product words but that is all I can do. The product name and the URL are the same divawalletframes.com It also sometimes says suspended. I have gone through the "let us help you" thing many times ticking all the boxes they say to tick. It says I did it right. I resubmit and bam here we go again.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It could be repetition, but the errors are not very specific. I would suggest you contact Google and ask them specifically what is wrong. From this I really can't tell if the problem is with the setup of the store or the ad.
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

I tried to go through them. I filled out the form. It wouldn't go through. The thing is that every time I try something the reason changes with the person disapproving it. Annoying to say the least.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I understand. With Adwords, don't they have a phone number you can call. Most of the errors you seem to see are content related, but I have no way of knowing precisely why they are being rejected. I know many people use Adwords with BC stores, so it isn't a fundamental problem with the store.
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

If there is a phone number I can't find it. Some of the rejections said that any ads attempted coming for my URL will be rejected because the site is out if compliance.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Compliance can be many things including content and redirecting to another site. I found a phone number on Google's help section, 1-866-246-6453
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

I phone them this morning. The man that answered confirmed that my site was functioning ( some of the messages I got said it wasn't), the ad was fine and the webite content was fine. He said that the BC site was probably down when Google tried it and marked all ads from me as disapproved due to that. He said he would escalate my review and That I would hear back from him today with the good news. Its 7:26 pm so I'm thinking he misspoke. Maybe tomorrow.
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

Thanks for the number. I just got this a short time ago.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Is the last image what you see when you click on Site Policy, under reasons?
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

Can you see something wrong with my website?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I don't see anything off the bat. I will continue to try to analyze it.
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

Thank you. No doubt I did something wrong somewhere.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome. Let us know if you are able to get info from Google.
Photo of Rosemary1036

Rosemary1036

I'll call them Monday.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.