Advanced Page Settings

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archive

...After using SiteBuilder Plus for over 5 years I only just realized that perhaps I should be using the "advanced" options in page settings.  I am referring specifically to the box next to "<head> tag HTML : " 

...What exactly (if anything) should I type into that box?  I have done multiple online "SEO Checkers" and most say that I have NO html tags anywhere on my website. 

...I've done numerous tweaks recently and we seem to be doing very well with rankings but I still don't want to be missing anything! 
...Thanks! 

www.SugarBabies-Cakes.com
Photo of Susan

Susan

• 2,350 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 17,578 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Susan1578,

The following elements can go inside the <head> element:

<title> (this element is required in an HTML document)
    <style>
    <base>
    <link>
    <meta>
    <script>
    <noscript>

This isn't something we can say "Yes this is something you should have in your head tag and this is how you do it". However, if you have any of the information above and are not sure where to put it, that is where.

For example, if you were using google webmaster tools and needed to verify your site, they would give you HTML like <meta name="google-site-verificatinon" content=...whatever code they give you... /> and you would put that under advanced page settings.

Basically, it isn't something you need to worry about until you need it for a specific purpose.

The only reason I can think that you might use this head tag is if you learn how to write <meta> tags for keywords. This is not something I would do unless you are certain you are doing it correct or contact a professional. Let me know if you want me to have someone call you.
Photo of Susan

Susan

• 2,350 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Elyzabeth!
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 17,578 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.