Adding structured data to my HTML code

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How can I access/change my HTML code??? I'm close to losing my sanity trying to find out how to add structured data to my HTML code.
Google Webmaster Tools Data Highlighter says: This URL could not be found in Google's index.
Google Webmaster Tools Structured Data Markup Helper created a HTML for me to download, which I did but I have no idea what to do with it.
I would like to be able to change my HTML code "manually" and choose everything I want to add myself.
Any help in "normal" English will be very much appreciated. (I do not know what a head section or the body of my website is. I also don't know of what importance it is where I place my structured data)
Photo of srdogtraining0032

srdogtraining0032

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused, frustrated, desperate

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you need to add code to the Head tag, you go to page settings and Advanced. The head tag is available there.

If you want to place code in the body, you go to Insert > More > HTML and you can paste the code there.
Photo of Roland2072

Roland2072

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Drew,

How exactly are we supposed to place structured markup generated by Google into the source HTML code in the correct location?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Roland2072,

A typical website has a head section, and a body section. All you need to do is find out from Google if your particular code should go into the Head, or the Body.

Drew's post above explains how to add the code. If you log into SiteBuilder and follow those steps, you can just copy the code from Google, and paste it into the appropriate field.

Our SiteBuilder was designed so that you don't have to have an extensive understanding of HTML or even know what the head and body sections do.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Sueanne4523

Sueanne4523

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Mike,

Do you know if Google Analytics requires the tracking code to be in the website Head or Body section? I've been trying to figure it out and can't find the answer. Thanks in advance for your help! =)

-S
Photo of Sueanne4523

Sueanne4523

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Also, I've been reading that you can put it in either place, but would this make a difference?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
According to Google, (click link below), they say it should go in the head section, but, I've seen on many sites and have personally seen it work in the body section also,

https://support.google.com/analytics/...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.