Adding a slide show to website

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Can Homestead please create a tool for Sliders or Slideshows with transitions?

I want to add a slide show to my website. Is this a feature that homestead will add in the future?
Photo of jcmpets

jcmpets

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi jcmpets,

Welcome to the community!

I haven't heard of it but will have our Dev team look at this idea among the others in the community.

In the mean time, you may want to look for a 3rd party slideshow that would allow you to add it to your site using html or javascript.

Thanks for the idea!

Ehsan
Photo of Catherine0089

Catherine0089

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This should be a no-brainer. Get it together!
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,112 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This question comes up in the forums time and time again and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why homestead has not developed a slideshow element for sitebuilder. Does anyone know if there are any plans for this on the horizon? If not, please put it on the "to do" list.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
For the love of pete, add a good slideshow element!.
Photo of iris3444

iris3444

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
How can i make a slide show.
Photo of Michael4021

Michael4021

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Couldn't agree more. I hate the cheesy image slider! I want a clean, fade-in fade-out, slideshow option. Yeah, I can go to a third party and deal with that aggravation OR Homestead can simply develop one for the countless users who want it!
Photo of Kathy4854

Kathy4854

• 306 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree about the image slider. It does not look great. I would like a slide show option as well. I notice that Homestead has one on their front page. We'd like one on ours. I'm ready to jump ship and go somewhere else.
Photo of Catherine0089

Catherine0089

• 216 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
With a slide show on their own home page, it's clear that Homestead didn't use Sitebuilder to build their own website! I'm ready to jump ship also.

Ehsan Zaheer (or any other Homestead rep), do you folks read these comments and requests?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Catherine0089,

Yes - We do see your comments and request as well as our dev team.

Our dev team views all of the 'idea' posts here in the community in addition to other feedback they receive.

I cannot guarantee that a request will be implemented because they're continuously working on improving the software and adding new features.
However, if they do tell us they're considering or will be adding a request, I'll be sure to update the post here in the community.

When we hear of new features becoming available, we will do our best to keep you all informed.

Thank you,
Ehsan
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,112 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
That's a good point Kathy4854 and Catherine0089, you would think that homestead would promote itself by using its' own product. What better way to say "Here is what you can do with out sitebuilder!"

But alas, they can't get the results they want with their own sitebuilder!
Photo of George7467

George7467

• 3,590 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I think it's almost dishonest for Homestead to not use SiteBuilder to build its own website, or use features on their website (such as a particular font or image slider) that simply aren't available to their customers.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi George7467,

I appreciate the feedback -

The Homestead site cannot be built within Sitebuilder because it requires certain functionality that allows you and other users to have an account where you can login and edit your site etc.Being that it's not built within Sitebuilder.

We definitely don't want to be dishonest with you and try to be as transparent as possible when it comes to what it is we offer and any updates along the way.

Thank you,
Ehsan

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.
Photo of George7467

George7467

Hi Ehsan,

Thanks for the reply. My comment was mostly directed towards your home page (the one with the image slider for pick design, customize, and publish). I can understand if SiteBuilder did not have the functionality needed to create your website, but I do object to the use of the slider because it gives the impression that anyone using SiteBuilder can create a similar looking website without knowing anything about html.

Sorry for not making myself more clear.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi George7467,

Thanks for the clarification -

I'm not a developer so I'm not entirely sure how easy or hard it is to implement a feature such as that image slider on Homestead's homepage within a click and drag software like Sitebuilder.

However, the feedback and feature requests are being heard by our dev team and as soon as I hear anything in regards to new features or updates, I'll be sure to update the community as well.

Thank you,
Ehsan

Photo of George7467

George7467

Thanks, Ehsan. I am sure the dev team will figure out a way to implement a slider feature in SiteBuilder at some point. I don't know why anyone would consider using a website creating service if it doesn't offer that feature.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi George7467,

You're welcome, I wish there was more I could as far as implementing this feature for you all.

Our dev team is working some new features and updates, as soon as I know what is coming out, I'll update the community.

Thanks,
Ehsan

Photo of Fred4160

Fred4160

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there a good third party slide show that will easily intergrate into Homestead that will transition, could be resized and will loop, preferably free or low cost?
Thanks
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can Google slide show or slider to find a number of different 3rd party applications, then pick the one that works best for you based on features needed and any cost associated.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of bj8503

bj8503

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can I create a slide show using my website?.

I have a large number of pictures and would like to create a slide show. Can this be done?
Photo of Fred4160

Fred4160

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Here is a couple third party slide show applications that I have used and works well with homestead. Simply put togethervyour slides how you would like them to appear on one of these two programs. Then copy and paste the html code and place in with in the homestead html properties editor. Hope that helps.

https://www.slideshare.net

https://www.slideful.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Thanks for the input Fred. It is great when our customers are able to help each other. That is what the community is really for, and it helps especially in these situations when we really don't know all the options that are available from 3rd parties.

Thanks again

Drew

p.s. If you have trouble with the above links, try removing the s from https://
(Edited)
Photo of erikgransr5159

erikgransr5159

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can I make a Slide Show from thumb nail images..

I see I can add thumb nails in the gallery section with photo images. Can I make a slide show with them? For example, the thumbnails appears in a row on the bottom of the page and the slide show of them appears one image at a time on top in a larger widow.. Other possibility- each image appears one at a time in a large window as a slide show without any thumbnails Thank you for any help on this.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This might give you some ideas on a 3rd party slideshow that will work for you.

Drew
i used photosnack for my slide show....very easy and inexpensive
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for sharing!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.