Adding SPF record to the domain

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I'm using an email that I've configured inside Homestead, however, this email address is routed to the junk folder by Gmail and I suspect that other vendors as well. Moreover, the mail received in Gmail is marked with '?' which means that it is unable to identify its legitimacy. After reading some more, I found out that I need to define an SPF record in my domain to allow Gmail validate it. I've been playing around back and forth with the txt records of my domain but it seems like something isn't configured right. Furthermore, I'm not sure how to identify which IPs will be used by the email server in order to specify them as valid IPs in the SPF record. Please help.
Photo of yehuda2294

yehuda2294

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Domains using our nameservers have a default SPF records set as a TXT record. That record defines the IP address allowed to send. You can reset the TXT record the default use reset to default above the TXT record section.
Photo of yehuda2294

yehuda2294

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi,

first, thank you!

I guess that I'm such a rookie in this area that I'm not even sure how to tell if my domain is "using homestead nameservers"...

how can I verify that?

thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can look at http://who.is. It will show them there. You can also see them on the domains tab in your Homestead account.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.