Adding a web game to my site!

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

How do I add a game to my site? Built an app, but I need to have a web version. How do I add the files? I have a zip file, but I see nowhere to add. Can Homestead support the web version of the game on my site? This is the site I want to add to: www.nigweg.com I'd like to make a page people could go to to play the game. Any help is greatly appreciated! 
Phyllis 
Photo of phylly g

phylly g

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 259,004 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am not sure what you require to be supported? You can add the zip file as an element so people can download it. It the game a single program? You can try adding it to a page unzipped and see if it launches. If it has many files, I am afraid it probably won't work as without a file manager, the paths are not easy and the code would be very difficult to adjust.
Photo of phylly g

phylly g

Hm, ok, thank you! It has many files. I'll see if it can be done simpler. Super thanks.
Phyllis 
Photo of phylly g

phylly g

Is there a file manager? It is not a downloadable game but one meant to be played through the browser (webgl/html5).  It has an html file and two directories with 17 files between them. I need to upload them so wherever the html file is, the two subdirectories are in the same location and I can make a link to the file.

Note: I can make directories and upload files to them (the 300MB one fails - is there a size limit?) but can I make sure those two directories for the game are subdirectories of the one holding the html file?
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Unfortunately, Websitebuilder does not have a file manager, so you can't simply make a folder and have that be the URL off the root of the domain. We have requested the developers create a true file manager with this ability, but it is not available at this time.
Photo of phylly g

phylly g

Can we make an IT request to
1. allow the upload of the larger file(s)
2. setup the directory structure we need for this project

If Homestead IT can do this setup we can continue to maintain and update our game

This would require the Homestead IT team to do this setup manually, as a work around for the lack of a proper file manager. Our only alternative would be to find a different provider for putting our game online.
Photo of Drew N

Unfortunately, it is not possible on the current platform. It may be in the future, but not currently.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.