"server timed out on imap.homestead.com" error message on Outlook when sending/receiving!!

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Keep getting "server timed out on imap.homestead.com" error message on Outlook when sending/receiving!! No email is coming in at the moment!!
Photo of Paula7683

Paula7683

• 478 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Paula7683

Paula7683

First I get an error message telling me that the the connection can't be established and it will go into "Offline" mode...and then this (below). I am not receiving any messages thru Outlook at the moment.

Task' Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on imap.homestead.com reported error (0x8004DF08): Outlook is unable to download flder (null) from the IMAP email server for account imap.homestead.com. Error: the connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to compete this action. If you continute to receive this message, contact your server administrator or ISP
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you still having this problem. The message you posted sounds like Outlook is losing it's connection to the internet. What kind of internet connection are you using? wifi, satellite, cable, DSL, etc?

Mike
Photo of Paula7683

Paula7683

Connection was fine at the time...fully connected...54 mbps on Fios/Verizon. I deleted the POP3 account I also had set up, and restarted Outlook...and although send/receive seems slow, it's working.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
OK. thanks.. let us know if you run into more problems.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.