(Error Code: 0x41)

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I already know, because this has happened several times in the past. I have cleared my cache and cookies, even restarted my computer, and had a friend try from another location. Same error (Error Code: 0x41). In the past, once I have done all this I call up and they ask me to do it again, I do, then they tell me they need to just click a button and refresh it.

The problem is, its Sunday and I need to update today. The number they give you on the message refers to their business hours, which do not include Sunday. Then they say you can use the chat, they are open Sunday from 7-4 Pacific time. Except I have been on every hour trying to use it and it is still closed.

I have been a loyal customer of homestead since I was 15 and they used to give us the hosting and builder for free.

I constantly am having technical issues, that are generally quick fixes on their end. I used to use the down-loadable page builder until after a year of fighting with it they told me they don't recommend it because its buggy. Then why have it at all? I have also had several features I used to really like, features they even supplied to free users back when that existed, taken away.

Yet through the constant technical issues, crashes, and hard to reach customer service I still keep paying and using it. Why? Because as poor as it is sometimes it's still better than any other host/builder I have found. It's not praise, just a sad reality.

Can I get this fixed before Monday morning, I have work to do.
Photo of josh6062

josh6062

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • irritated . . . once again

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry, the developers are having a very hard time tracking down this error as it is intermittent.  I believe it is fixed for you know.  Sorry to say, but be safe and clear the browser again before you login.

What features did we use to have that you liked?  Most of the ones removed were no longer used or not desirable.  We, like most, want to remove things that will cost ranking in Google, or are just flat out not used by people.

Let me know if you need anything more.

Drew
Photo of josh6062

josh6062

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The Chat room was great. With the nature of my site it helped a lot, and now I have to rely on third party free chat boxes i import with html, but they are never reliable and I have been through a few.

A silly one that I really liked was the hit counter. When I transferred my site earlier this year I lost the one I put in in 09 or 10, and there was no replacement because it had been removed. This didn't effect as much as the chat room but it was just something I personally miss.

I can't come up with others at the moment, these are just the two that happened over the last few years.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: A desktop feature I miss in Plus

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.