502 Errors 2/11/15

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: 502 Errors 2/16/15 (Resolved)

We were having reports of customers getting a 502 error when editing and viewing SimpleStores and Blogs. Contact forms and contact buttons are also reporting the 502 error. 

These reported 502 errors from stores, blogs, and forms has been resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of stevek0675

stevek0675

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Site error.

Trying to create the page on my new site. Without success... The browser displays "Site Error" after timeout. After login there it too long delay....
Photo of kathryn4603

kathryn4603

• 1,038 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Whats going on?????.

My page gives me this---------
502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.
Photo of Cliff7329

Cliff7329

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 502 Error comes up when trying to publish my web site changes.

Made several changes to my web site this morning.  Saved, then tried to publish the page the changes were made on.  

Instead got this pop up:  502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

I signed out and tried again, but the site will not publish.  What's the problem?  I really needed those changes to be made today for clients.  Thank you.
Photo of Lucie2686

Lucie2686

• 60 Points

yeah same here!! what's going on??!!

Photo of Amy1745

Amy1745

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am getting a 502 error on my page. How long with this apprear? I'm losing cus....

The error is appearing on all of the pages except the home page for the contact/email link.
Photo of Michael8668

Michael8668

• 614 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled server error and slow loading program. fix this please..

"SERVER ERROR"

We are supposed to have an important release of a news people were expecting this morning but this f'n server had to die on us. what the hell.

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.
Photo of Ricky6130

Ricky6130

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot send email from my site....

When clicking on my "contact me" button, a 502 Error Box pops up instead... My site is a wedding site, and this is one of the busiest times of the year for me... please advise...
Photo of Lawrence5219

Lawrence5219

• 610 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Google Map and Contact Forms stopped working.

Website;

WWW.Vilage.com/contactus/html and in Sitebuilder Plus as well.

Issue: The Map and the Contact/Visitor input form interfaces are
no longer functional. The areas where they once resided on that page show the
following error:

“502 - Web server
received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There
is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream
content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Lawrence Hughes

Photo of Michael8668

Michael8668

• 614 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled missed out on morning visitors, numbers suffered due to 502 error.

because this isnt the first nor was it the second, or the third..
i've been a custom for nearly 15 years. i want to stay loyal. the prices are high and the inability of this thing to be mobile friendly without paying ANOTHER fee is just nonsense. there are better, responsive, more functional and user friendly site builders out there.

i still havent forgotten about my mailing list that this company has deleted by prying into my account which this company denies. i lose $5000 every year since. that was over 2000 names.

this morning, that 503 error kept us from releasing a story on our blog that killed our chances at upping the visitor count. wtf homestead. get ur shit together.
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
We apologize again for the inconvenience this caused for your website and company. We do understand that every issue that arises can have an impact on our customers business. Our success as a company is tied to our customers having success with their website. When these issues occur, we try and resolve it as quickly as possible to minimize the impact. 

All the reported issues with the 502/503 errors should be resolved. Let me know if the problem persists.    
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

• 1,034 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Getting a 502 error when trying to edit blog. Also, message on live site says, "Sorry, we're unable to load this blog." Any ETA on when this may be fixed?
Thanks
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,636 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
These are the first 2 reports, today. We are looking into it.
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Thanks Drew, also getting this on Contact page of live site: 502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Thanks so much for your help! Let me know if there is any other info I can provide that may be of help.
Photo of Devonne7169

Devonne7169

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just received this 502 error code while trying to update my website. When trying to view my website it says it cannot be found.      Date: 2/13/2015        Time: 4:09PM
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Splitting this to merge into the topic that will resolve it.

Please reference the new conversation here: My site is not showing up, what's wrong?
Photo of David4613

David4613

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same problem as celeblife2731 with the contact form on my site
Photo of celeblife2731

celeblife2731

• 60 Points
I'm getting this message "502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server". When trying to publish my pages in sitebuilder plus, what is going on? I thought this problem had been resolved yesterday??? 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

celeblife2731,

Which site and page is this happening on?
Photo of Ileigh3723

Ileigh3723

My web forms aren't working.  They say -502- Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.  there is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.  When the web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We are looking in to this
Photo of Charles2378

Charles2378

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 502 Error when trying to update Simple Store.

Started to receive 502 error message just a few minutes ago when trying to update Simple Store. What's up??? Lost about 30 minutes of work!!! Not happy!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi folks, there was a brief time that this occurred. The engineers have reported that a fault was corrected. Please try again. You may need to clear your browser.
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

Thanks Drew! Looks like everything's cleared up!
Photo of Jacqueline6104

Jacqueline6104

My website is not working properly! most pages get a 502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
  My website does not display fully, the back ground does not display and a big 502 Error message..
  I can not contact anyone with the live chat because i get a message that says: Chat key cookie does not match visitor chat key.
 my website is www.anythingspossiblejewellery.com
My website was down before Christmas and lost lot's of Customers and lot's of money, now this before Valentines day, this is unacceptable! Why are you having so many problems?
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The brief issue of the 502 error only affect blogs, forms, and Simplestores was resolved. I see your site and it looks normal to me.
Photo of Jacqueline6104

Jacqueline6104

I looked at my site and it is working normally now. Thank you for fixing this problem.  

Every page of my website was affected and error message on each page, except for the index page. I did not check the blog and I don't have a simple store.

Thank you,

Photo of spadolly1064

spadolly1064

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Started to receiving the same 502 error again this morning. Contact boxes, Picture boxes and maps are not loading just getting the web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.