451 Temporary Local Problem Error in Email

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

We are receiving '451 errors' again this morning.  We had this problem a few days ago, but Homestead fixed it (or not).  Here is the text of the error... " Server error: '451 Temporary local problem - please try later' "

We are using Outlook 2013 on Windows 8.

You did a good job of fixing the error last time.  Let's get it fixed QUICKLY this time!!
Photo of Doug5953

Doug5953

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated this hasn't been permanently fixed

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you able to send the message via the webmail program? I'm not seeing an immediate issue on our end that needs fixing.
Photo of Doug5953

Doug5953

We don't use your Webmail program.  We have multiple email accounts, some with Gmail; so we manage all our mail accounts using Outlook.  

I just sent a test message using Webmail, and it went through.

I just sent another test message using Outlook, and it went through.  

I will follow up with another post on this thread if I have more trouble.  Thank you for the quick follow-up.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Are you able to post the header of the message you were sending?
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

• 1,832 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
RE: Custom trailer and top?

It was a reply to a customer's email that I had already corresponded with via email. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Not the subject, but the header or source. I linked to instructions how in the word header above. You'll go to the sent folder and get the source for the message that generated the bounce.
Photo of Jennifer3538

Jennifer3538

• 1,832 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
There is nothing in my sent folder on the OXchange Server... 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you are using Outlook, it might be in the sent folder of Outlook. You may need to Google how to find header in Outlook (version)
Photo of Doug5953

Doug5953

Homestead had some "blacklisting" issues last year.  Are those issues still going on?  Is this what is causing emails to get bounced?  The emails that were bounced were from colleagues whom I email frequently.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

This is a case of the recipient's email server bouncing your message back as possible spam. The recipient's email services is with Network Solutions and we delivered the message to their server. The bounce back is saying that the message itself may be spam or virus. There is a link you can click to see how to proceed. This is not an issue with our servers.
Photo of Doug5953

Doug5953

OK, thanks.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Doug5953

Doug5953

Since our IP is not on their "blacklist", there is no way for me to correct it.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

My error. It does appear to be one of our IPs that may be the issue. Let me look at it again. It doesn't appear to be blacklisted by any RBLs, it does seem to be Network Solutions that has blocked it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.