404 Page - Unable to Set Up SB+

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Google has been giving me crap about no 404 page for a while. So I finally went in and pulled up the siteerror404 prelisted page in SB+ and found it to be my original version from Desktop. I made a few changes and launched thinking that-was-that.......... 

Of course, I tested it by mis-spelling a landing page that resides a few levels into my site.......... the photos show what I should get and am actually receiving.  I even tried to rename it to just 404..... thinking that was what was needed.  Is our 404 page supposed to "siteerror404.html"? If so, what am I doing to screw it up?

Thank You
Pete

What should show

What does show with the mis-spelled url

Photo of Peter0895

Peter0895

• 1,962 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,102 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi there Peter,

I don't know of a way to accomplish this in Sitebuilder Plus, as it typically happens automatically for sites created in this program. However, in Desktop under File,  there is a link that says "Customize site error 404 page". There is a default one you can choose from or you can style one.
Photo of Peter0895

Peter0895

• 1,962 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Elyzabeth,

I loaded up Desktop and found the link you are talking about. That instantly loaded my "siteerror404" page I was working with. I made a minor change, for change's sake, and published.  I then pulled up an active page, used one of the links and changed its destination URL in order to have an internal broken link. I published each...... clicked on the broken link and no go on the 404. I get the blank page with the ERROR shown above.

Now what?
Thanks
Pete

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.