404 Issue With Pointed Domain

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

My Homestead website is xtremeleads.  When I first launched, I pointed domain, www.myxtremeleads.com to it.  This morning, I pointed a different domain to this website, www.xtrememobilemarketing.com.  Now, I get this message when trying to go to it. And when you go to "Homepage" it just sits and spins as that is the domain www.xtrememobilemarketing.com.  Please advise.  Thanks!!
Photo of James0536

James0536

• 912 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of James0536

James0536

Ok, I need all kinds of help on this with some other issues that just came up.  I need to make the following happen on this domain as well and I just tried to make changes and got an error message.

Task 1: Create a TXT Record
  1. Login to your hosting or DNS provider
  2. Manage the DNS for your website
  3. Create TXT record
  4. Record Name = cloudflare-verify.xtrememobilemarketing.com
  5. Text = 652243745-79918405
Task 2: Edit CNAME Record
  1. Edit the existing CNAME Record for your white label
  2. New Destination = tools.xtrememobilemarketing.com.cdn.cloudflare.net
Photo of James0536

James0536

Is there anyone around today?  :(     I have not gotten any replies for a total of 4 hours   :(    Very, very strange, normally 20-30 minutes tops.
Photo of James0536

James0536

Hello?!  Is there some kind of issue that I don't know about?  No one has gotten back to me all day long.  I need to get these issues taken care of asap.  Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 258,852 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry. Mondays are particularly busy as I have all the weekend questions to go through. I have it fixed, but it might take a little propagation time.
Photo of James0536

James0536

Thank you SO much Drew :)   I totally understand, I just didn't know if maybe ya'll were off today or something.  I know full well what Mondays are like lol.  Never had anything take this long though so I was kind of concerned.  Again, thank you for your patience and understanding.  I hope you have a great evening!!  Take care
Photo of Drew N

Always happy to help.
Photo of James0536

James0536

Are both things fixed Drew or just the first one?  Or is that what needs to propagate?  If not, I think with the first one being fixed, I MAY be able to get the 2nd part working.  Who knows?  Lol :P   Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

They should both be working. They are for me.
Photo of James0536

James0536

Sweet!  Thank you so much!  You are awesome Drew!
Photo of James0536

James0536

Well, I just tried the text.xtrememobilemarketing.com and it takes me to the Homestead main page :(    I refreshed the browser and even deleted history and tried again, same result.  Maybe you can see it quicker?  Lol, I have no idea
Photo of Drew N

Websitebuilder sites can only have 1 domain, so we redirect the additional domains to the primary. When I enter xtrememobilemarketing.com it brings up http://www.myxtremeleads.com/ which is how this system works. It could just be a cache issue in your router or something. Try an incognito or private window in your browser to see if it works.
Photo of James0536

James0536

So.....I can't have a subdomain, text.xtrememobilemarketing.com go somewhere else??  That is the second picture in my previous entry.  The text in that entry is what I need to have in the DNS and the pic is what happened after I tried it.  Please advise :)   I may need to change everything around if I can not have this.  Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

I am not sure what they mean by existing white label. It doesn't look like they want a TXT subdomain. They want a TXT record, which I have added. They want you to edit a CNAME that does not exist. I created a CNAME with a host of whitelist, pointed to tools.xtrememobilemarketing.com.cdn.cloudflare.net, but I am not sure that is correct.

You can create a text subdomain to point elsewhere, but I do not believe that is what they are asking for.
Photo of James0536

James0536

OK, can we do something entirely different.  I just figured out what the best approach for what I need is, I just don't know if I can get there myself lol. 

I took a look at my domains, and see that you changed things a little bit.  Here is what I would love to happen.  I want www.xtrememobilemarketing.com to be the main domain for my Homestead website, xtremeleads.  Just completely disconnect www.myxtremeleads.com and I will make the DNS changes I need at GoDaddy so then I can create the subdomain, www.text.myxtremeleads.com and my clients can login to my system there.  All that make sense?  :)   Please advise at your earliest convenience as I am trying to get some other things done with this and can't until it's all fixed :)   Thank you!
Photo of James0536

James0536

HELP!!!!  I tried to do this on my own and now I have NOTHING up :(    I just need www.xtrememobilemarketing.com to go to my Homestead website, xtremeleads.  It shows with a "1" after it right now and I can't remove that so I am guessing that is what's causing my issue.  Thank you!!!! :)
Photo of Drew N

That domain should be working now.
Photo of James0536

James0536

OUTSTANDING!  Thank You SO much! :)   Lol, I should let my fingers off things :P  I hope you've had a good day, thanks!
Photo of Drew N

You're very welcome. You too!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.