404 - File or directory not found.

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content.

I keep getting a "404 - File or directory not found." when choosing a template for my site. This has become very annoying. Does anyone know a fix to this or is this just a simple server error. I have been getting it for over a week now.

Thanks
Photo of mikeyoung12014966

mikeyoung12014966

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 63,466 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
404 ERROR: 
404 page does not count toward your page allotment.
Per Google: https://www.google.com/search?num=30&site=webhp&source=hp&q=404+error&oq=404&gs_....
"The HTTP 404 Not Found Error means that the webpage you were trying to reach could not be found on the server. It is a Client-side Error which means that either the page has been removed or moved and the URL was not changed accordingly, or that you typed in the URL incorrectly."
Generally there's no need to make any adjustment. Removing the 404 page may disable your customer to be directed to your site. 404's may be produced by page name changes.
Photo of mikeyoung12014966

mikeyoung12014966

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How will i be able to create a website. I have tried several templates already and i am receiving the same 404 error.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,296 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello, 

This is because you have multiple Homestead accounts that have been opened with the same email address. Our system does not allow this. You will need to update the email address on file to one that has not been used on a Homestead account at any point, whether the account is closed or not. Once you have updated the email on file, you will be able to create a new site and choose a template without experiencing that 404 error. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.