404 Error Code Problem

• Problem
  • Updated 5 days ago
  • Solved
I'm getting a "404 - File or directory not found." error message when I try accessing the Website Manger after logging into Homestead.
Looks like a similar issue to the one that was posted on the System Status Blog on 3/5/20.
I was able to initially login in & open Website Manager but noticed that TWO websites I created late last night are MISSING!
I logged out & after logging back in, started getting the error message so, I can't access any of my websites.
Photo of GWH0756

GWH0756

• 544 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 46,374 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

There were no reported issues like this for Website Builder, except for your report. This may have been a temporary issue on your account. Are you still getting a 404 error on your end when you try to access Websites Manager? I was not able to replicate this issue.
Photo of GWH0756

GWH0756

Yes! I can log into my account, but as soon as I click on the Website Manager link, I get the 404 error code! Iv'e NOT been able to access ANY of my websites since I reported this so I need to get this resolved! Thanks!
Photo of GWH0756

GWH0756

I have a screenshot of the error message but don't see a way to upload & send to you. I can access/open ALL of the other links on the page with the exception of Website Manager! CRAZY!!!
Photo of GWH0756

GWH0756

figured out how to upload the screenshot...
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 28,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I do apologize about this, I have investigated this and am also not able to replicate any errors. I can access websites manager along with all the sites on the account. What browser are you using to access the account? 
Photo of GWH0756

GWH0756

Evidently, this IS browser-related! I primarily use the Google Chrome (GC) browser. I just tried going into the Website Manager through GC and once again got the 404 error code. However, I also have the Firefox and Opera browsers installed on my PC so I also tried through these two browsers. To my surprise, I'm able to get into Website Manager in both Firefox and Opera, see the list of ALL my websites and open them! I also tried copying the Website Manager URL: https://www.homestead.com/~site/jws/mywebsites.action from both Firefox and Opera, then pasting into GC but still got the 404 error code.

I checked and there ARE one or more ongoing issues with GC:
https://downdetector.com/status/google/. I just reported this problem to Google via its "Report An Issue" link. 

So for now, I'll use one of the other two browsers and no longer consider or see this as a Homestead issue. But this is something Homestead needs to be aware of for its customers who use the GC browser.

Thx,
Gerald 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 28,812 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the information, it does help to note what can be causing issues and affecting other users. I'm glad you have reported this, hopefully it resolves soon.