404 code when publishing site for first time

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I have multiple websites thru Homestead and haven't had issues in the past. I created a new website (projecturgentcare.com), a simple one page site. The home page is titled "index" and I can't seem to find any other solutions in the community to resolve the 404 code. Please help! I'm on a time crunch! Thanks...Marc
Photo of Marc8853

Marc8853

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 12,160 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello Marc8853

I am not seeing any content in that website. It is showing "Choose Design" on my end. When you go into Websites Manager > and choose the site you are working on, does the button say "Edit Site" or "Choose Design"?
Photo of Marc8853

Marc8853

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It says choose design, but I have already designed it all.  http://projecturgentcare.homestead.com/index.html
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 12,160 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
We actually no longer use the Sitebuilder program for new sites, which is what that page was built with somehow. I would recommend going into choose design and build it in the correct builder. I am not sure how it brought you into the old one, but it is not the one you were suppose to have your site built on, which is why it is giving you trouble now.

Luckily your site looks like it is mostly text. You should be able to get that done in the new builder pretty easily by copy/paste.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.