403 Forbidden

• Problem
  • Updated 4 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Two of our websites, which have been functioning perfectly, recently quit loading.  For instance, when you try to go to www.JoeBlogz.com, you receive a "403 Forbidden" error message, with "Cloudflare" in smaller text.  While the same 403 error appears across operating systems (Mac and PC) and browsers (Safari, Chrome, Explorer), it loads on my mobile device without issue.  

Both sites with which we're having issues (above as well as 406restaurant.com) were created in Websitebuilder.  However, another site we also built in Websitebuilder (davidstoneproperties.com) loads just find without this issue.

I did not see any other threads regarding this issue.  Please advise.
Photo of terri1329

terri1329

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 34,782 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I see both websites up and running. 

Photo of terri1329

terri1329

The restaurant is opening for me now, at least at the moment (it'd been doing the 403 error since Tuesday morning), but Joe Blogz still isn't.  It's saying it unexpectedly closed the connection.  ??
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

The 403 errors are in association to the SSL. I have provisioned the SSL and the site is now showing secured. https://www.joeblogz.com/ It is up and running, if you are still seeing an errors try clearing cookies and cache. 
Photo of terri1329

terri1329

Thanks very much.  Is there a reason that this happened after a couple of weeks of them being fine?  Is it something I need to anticipate after a few weeks of publishing other new sites?  Is it something I can fix on my own or do I just come back to this thread to fix it?  And finally (sorry, lots of Qs)  -- they both show as "not secure" sites.  Is there something I can do to adjust this?  Thanks for your help.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

There is nothing you did to cause this on your end. The SSL just was not automatically applied.  Once you attach a domain name to a website and publish it, visit it immediately after. If you see it is not secured, follow the steps in this article to add the SSL. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-ssl-cnvdqnt2aqgpr

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.