2018 Site Builder Plus, File Manager Access

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Most of the information on Sitebuilder Plus is Very Old and now Completely Out-dated. Clearly Homestead has made many changes but those changes are not reflected in the majority of the aged texts and replies on the SiteBuilder forum.

Here is the question...In 2018, how does one access the SiteBuilder Plus FILE MANAGER??

Please DO NOT reference any articles from previous years prior to 2018, as they do not reflect the recent changes to the Sitebuilder Cloud-based system. For Example: The domain name is no longer in the right corner and there is no longer any clear means to reach the FILE MANAGER page. Also, sites built with SiteBuilder Plus, cannot longer be edited with the downloaded version.
Photo of Lilette2513

Lilette2513

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 57,688 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
SB+ FILE MANAGER MAINTENANCE:
Open your file manager. Select the url on your page editor > select file manage from the drop down menu. Locate unneeded files > select/highlight and delete. You can use your delete key or the garbage can icon at the top of the page.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 259,004 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Lilette2513,  What site are you working on? All the Sitebuilder Plus articles are current for Sitebuilder Plus. I am starting to think you are using the new Homestead Websitebuilder. This community if for all products and services we offer and there are different categories for different software.
If you are using Websitebuilder, then there is no file manager available at this time. What is it you are trying to do?
Photo of Drew N

Yes, you will absolutely be able to add that record through your Cloudflare account. It will not affect the HTTPs at all.
Photo of Lilette2513

Lilette2513

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
ok, We'll try that. I will do my best to get back with you with our results. Thank you again
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286

• 2,256 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Just so you know.  Your FILE MANAGER in the icloud builder is under ELEMENTS.  I don't think it will solve that DNS issue as I believe Drew's answer is best for that. 
Photo of Drew N

There is a document manager and an image library where you can add/delete files, but we don't consider it a true file manager. You are able to make folder to organize, but the folder can't provide with a true path as in Sitebuilder Plus. In this case a folder needed to be created so that the 3rd party could check a specific URL for the information to verify. Unfortunately, making a folder in Websitebuilder does not simply add the folder name to the URL. This is because of the platform design.
Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286

• 2,256 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This platform was not really designed for that kind of file access. I think it suits 95% of most people's website needs.  Sometimes that can be a little frustrating, but I rather like the icloud platform.  I have been making Homestead sites for about 15 years through all the platforms.  I still miss that form-maker, though.  I loved that. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.