Skip to main content
Brand User

644 Messages

• 

43.9K Points

Fri, Jul 12, 2019 5:20 PM

WebsiteBuilder: Password Protected Pages

In WebsiteBuilder, you can password protect individual pages on your site. To do this:

1.  Open the desired site in WebsiteBuilder and select the Pages on the left.
    Then, to the right of the desired page click the 3 horizontal lines and then select Settings.

2. Check the password box and enter your password in the field. Click Save

3. In the list of pages, you will see a small padlock for password-protected pages.
    Publish your site and your page will be protected by the password.

Responses

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

a year ago

the Homestead password feature has bugs, it is unstable and keeps changing itself on its own, I hope to figure this out soon. 
Brand User

526 Messages

• 

49.3K Points

Hello,

What site are you referring to? We have not had any other reports of issues with the password protect feature in WebsiteBuilder.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

a year ago

page passwords

5 Messages

• 

186 Points

a year ago

I am having an issue with what I believe is a cyber attack on my sites protected page. Currently, the page is unavailable, even with the correct password, because of too many attempts. What can I do to solve this?
Brand User

1.5K Messages

• 

46.7K Points

Hello,

I see all other pages are working but cannot attempt the protected pages since I do not have the password, have you tried resetting the password?

5 Messages

• 

186 Points

It is working now; I am just trying to understand why this happens for all users.

For example, this situation occurred yesterday, and was what prompted me to post this help request.

Person A attempts 6 times with the wrong password, and receives the error message "You have made too many attempts. Please try again later."

Person B attempts 1 time with the correct password, and receives the same error message, despite putting in the correct password and trying only once.

Person C does the same thing as Person B, and receives the same error message.

What I am wondering is, why did Person A's attempts lock the page for everyone?

Thank you!
Brand User

1.5K Messages

• 

46.7K Points

After looking into this and running some tests it does seem to lock the entire website from being able to be accessed by anyone even if they are on a different device and entering the correct password. It is a temporary lock for about 10 minutes and after it opens up again to all visitors. 

I have sent some feedback about this and we are hoping to implement a feature that only blocks that user for the set amount of time. I will keep you updated on any information I receive regarding this matter.