L

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

Fri, Jun 24, 2022 8:57 PM

Website Hosted at Homestead, Domain held with GoDaddy

Hi,

Long story short, the company decided to consolidate all domain names we had in one place (the chosen registrar was GoDaddy).
The domain name that was hosted here before is now transferred to GoDaddy.
In the GoDaddy domain management, we've set the DNS nameservers to point to Homestead's.

When I go to add the domain back and choose to "Use a Domain You Already Own" and "Keep current provider", a "Pointed Domain" is created. 

Once the validation finishes (after we configured the NS in GoDaddy to point to Homestead), Advanced DNS settings show the following A records:

@ djbcustoms.com 216.40.47.17

www djbcustoms.com 146.148.102.201

The website does not resolve anymore.

I'd prefer to just use GoDaddy for DNS if I can, but I'm not sure what the A records should be so the website resolves again.

Else, homestead support needs to fix the DNS issue as I've seen in other posts in the support that the IP 216.40.47.17 is not something homestead uses.  So not sure why the homestead domain wizard put that in.

Please advise!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

6K Messages

• 

102.3K Points

3 m ago

Hello, 

Please follow these instructions to get the proper IP address, whether you use them through our DNS manager or GoDaddy's:

‎WebsiteBuilder: SSL | Homestead Community

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

@elyzabethv​ first step says to go to homesteadssl.com and enter the domain name which will give me the IP; however, when I do that, it tells me the "domain can't be verified as it doesn't exist on builder"

(edited)

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

Nevermind, I figured out my problem; I had to rename the site in the website builder.  For some reason it got changed.

5 Messages

• 

120 Points

3 m ago

Actually, it started to resolve now; might have been a victim of browser caching.
However, it does not resolve secure anymore.