Skip to main content

13 Messages

• 

494 Points

Sat, Aug 18, 2018 5:32 PM

Closed

Website Builder, Templates and Starting from Scratch

I've been trying for days, and giving up each time because it hasn't been that critical, to update one of my web pages. I was actually in there maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago, no problem. But the desktop Sitebuilder won't even load up, and after poking around this forum for several hours today, I'm about to uninstall it.

Also, I got two emails on August 14th saying I need get SSL certs for my site cuz it'll be shown as unsecure via Google Chrome (no mention of any OTHER browsers) from now on until I do. So, here I am today, trying to figure out what the heck is going on!

Oh, and I have to mention, I have not had ANY emails from Homestead notifying me that there will be/has been a change to how we now build our websites. Nothing to tell me to get ready to be using the NEW Website Builder IN THE CLOUD. Nothing to warn me I have so many days until the change takes place. NOTHING. I would have LOVED some forewarning so I could have been prepped and ready to go.

That said, I'm good with working in the cloud. Makes it easier so I don't have to constantly upgrade my software. So kudos for that.

What I DON'T like is that I cannot migrate my websites seamlessly to the new builder. THAT SUCKS! Thankfully, my sites are kind of smallish and easy to recreate and I only have 2 to do. (I feel actual pain for the guy I saw that said he had over 100 sites to fix. That must be a freaking nightmare.)

The other thing...WHY is there not a BLANK template to start from? I get that lots of people dig using templates (and I actually see one I might try), but give us back the BLANK TEMPLATE, PLEASE.

I think that's it for now. But I'm sure I'll be back because I have a feeling this isn't going to go smoothly. :(

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!