P

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

Tue, Sep 14, 2021 6:06 PM

upload training course to website

Hello- I'm trying to offer a training course on my website. These are the instructions from the course authoring system. Can someone assist? I have the zip package but I'm not sure what to do next. I tried embedding html, but couldn't. 

1. Once you've downloaded the published folders and files from the email notification after export, extract the zip package and upload the contents to your web server by doing one of the following:

- Use your own FTP client to upload the published files to a web server.

- Give the published files to your server administrator to upload to a web server.

Responses

Brand User

1.9K Messages

• 

62.7K Points

14 d ago

Hello, 

Homestead doesn't use FTP, so that wouldn't be an option. We also don't upload files to your server from our end. What type of files are they?

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

14 d ago

The files make up an eLearning course that I created using Articulate Rise360 software. There are mp4 and jpeg files, javascript files, WOFF font files and HTML. Here is a review link if you think this will help. 

https://rise.articulate.com/share/aU-XEyHbxOrevbzwJ5onZCAYrbzYGKGe

And isn't my website on homestead server?

https://www.esf-protrainer.com/

Brand User

1.9K Messages

• 

62.7K Points

I see. So, WebsiteBuilder doesn't use a File Manager that you would be able to upload these files to. You can upload them as File elements, but we can't guarantee that it would function properly. 

Your site is on our builder, which is on our server, yes. However, Homestead does not support FTP. If you need that, unfortunately, you would need to use a traditional hosting platform that allows FTP.

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

Thank you for the reply. One option may be for me to embed the URL that I sent you i.e., Review Link, on the page. I tried this, but it only gave me this...

Brand User

1.9K Messages

• 

62.7K Points

Yeah, if that isn't working, the only other thing I would suggest would be if you can just add a link to that page. 

6 Messages

• 

120 Points

Adding a link is what I tried to do. I chose the embed webpage element and pasted the URL. I got the screen shot I sent you yesterday.

Brand User

1.9K Messages

• 

62.7K Points

No, I understand. I meant a button link to that URL, not embedding the webpage.