Skip to main content
P

3 Messages

• 

94 Points

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 2:45 AM

Three Questions re: Website Capacity, Code Integration and Security

So I'd like to build a website where monthly paying members of my site can upload and review each other's books. I'm speaking to a programmer guy who would install the codes so that members can do this automatically. First question, is that possible through the homestead system - to have a programmer integrate all kinds of coding for members? Second question, if the answer is yes to the first question and I create the site and end up some day with a thousand people uploading books and such all at once, is the site capable of this type of activity level? And third question is - is the programmer able to make payments and such for the membership through my site secure?  Thank you!

Responses

32 Messages

• 

6.8K Points

2 months ago

First I will say that I LOVE Homestead for almost everything.  I have been using it for a really really long time for clients.  From what I am reading, I don't think trying to retrofit Website Builder for all those things makes any sense.  And as much as I personally dislike WOrdPress, I think you might have a better result with a "hand built" site.  Memberships and mass file uploads are not part of what these websites can do.  Homestead's strengths are in the "everyday" use for our websites.  There are plenty of plug-ins for wordpress (most are beyond me and more difficult to use) but I manage a couple of sites that have some similar features that you describe.   Hope that helps. Good luck!!

3 Messages

• 

94 Points

Yes, it does! Thank you so much!

homestead_community

77 Messages

• 

782 Points

You are welcome. 

77 Messages

• 

782 Points

2 months ago

Hello,

The Homestead builders do not have the ability to accept uploaded files directly to the website. Homestead also uses proprietary builders and does not provide access to the css coding. This function will need to be added to the website using HTML code placed in an HTML element box. The capacity of how many uploads can be done at once will be based on the servers that this code is running on. Yes, payments can be collected from the site using PayPal or any payment processor via HTML.   

3 Messages

• 

94 Points

Thank you!