sourdough_point4471's profile

15 Messages

• 

412 Points

Tue, Apr 26, 2022 9:22 PM

PDF link

I have a link from a button on my web site to a pdf document. I'd like to add two links to the pdf; one link would lead to another pdf if the viewer selects choice A and another link would lead to a different pdf if the viewer selects choice B. Is this possible?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

221 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

2分前

Not sure I completely understand what you are asking, but couldn't you just link to the 2 different files by activating a "files" link to the text of the 2 choices? (or buttons?)

Brand User

524 Messages

• 

25K Points

2分前

Are you wanting to have a different type of PDF file uploaded so a second link would direct viewers to that new PDF?

15 Messages

• 

412 Points

2分前

I want to have three different pdf files. A link from a web page goes to one and then two links from that one to the other two, depending on which answer selection the viewer makes.

Brand User

524 Messages

• 

25K Points

You would want to create three individual links to each PDF then. The pages you want to create the links on are up to how you want it to work. 

15 Messages

• 

412 Points

Thanks

221 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

2分前

AH-  then upload the other 2 pdfs to your documents FILE (hoping you are in Website Builder)  create a temporary link to them somewhere on a page, so you can get their url.  In your MAIN pdf, make live hyperlinks to your other two documents using the 2 different temporary URLs that you made and that should work.  They will open to the correct 2nd & 3rd pdf when clicked from within your original PDF.

15 Messages

• 

412 Points

@lynn1286​ 

Great idea, will follow up.

15 Messages

• 

412 Points

I've downloaded my primary pdf to my web site using Website Builder and positioned it on the desired page. I've also downloaded one of my pdf to link to the primary. How do I access the primary pdf to add the link?

Brand User

524 Messages

• 

25K Points

If you visit the page with the PDF, can you right click the PDF link and click Copy URL to use?

15 Messages

• 

412 Points

Yes and it's very lengthily. How do I access my primary pdf to insert any type of link?

221 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

You would edit your PDF in Adobe Acrobat FIRST to add those extra link choices, THEN upload the pdf to put on the page you want.

221 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

2分前

Oh, and then don't forget to delete the temporary URLs

221 Messages

• 

8.7K Points

2分前

Great.  So you need to have the urls from where they live in homestead.  There might be a simpler way, but I don't know what it could be. You can't view the real URLs in Preview...... SO

1. To get the web address of the document, go to some page and click on ELEMENTS.  Type in some temporary text Like OPTION 1 and OPTION 2. Then highlight the text and click on LINK tool.  It is there you will link the OPTION 1 and then OPTION 2 to the documents you want in your original PDF.  Then PUBLISH it.  

2.  View your website and click first on OPTION 1 link.  It will bring up the first alternative PDF in a separate window.  THAT is your first document's URL.  You can test it out in another tab to be sure it works.  Copy that, or save that window.  Then do the same for OPTION 2.

3.  In Adobe Acrobat, open your Original lengthy PDF and make links in the document in Acrobat using those new URLs.  Save it.  Then re-upload the PDF to your files.  You may want to remove the one that is there now, or rename it as -live links or something.  

Now your big PDF document should have all the correct alternative links working.