johnpotter's profile

35 Messages

• 

982 Points

Wed, Dec 1, 2021 4:53 PM

Incorrectly listing "out of stock" when item is in someone's cart

I've asked this before. Wondering if the software engineers are updating the e-commerce shop so that an item is NOT listed as out of stock until the person pays for it. This is what Shopify, Big Cartel, and other online shopping sites do. I've had clients put something in their cart but not pay for it. Then they change their minds for a minute (go figure!). When they return within minutes, the item says out of stock (it's not). I am getting ready to launch a big shop update. Do not want to miss a sale because of this glitch. I know you have said that the item returns "in stock" within a few minutes but that is precious lost time. Consumers will move on and I lose a sale. Please give an update to this.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

228 Messages

• 

22.1K Points

2 m ago

If a product is placed in a cart, then abandoned, the stock should adjust accordingly after some time. Unfortunately, it is not an immediate thing. If you are seeing this issue persist more than a whole day, let us know what product it is and how long it's been experiencing the out of stock issue and we can look further and ticket if necessary. 

35 Messages

• 

982 Points

2 m ago

But do you see my point the "adjust after some time" doesn't help. Do you understand my example of the exact same client abandoning a cart for a few minutes, coming back, and figuring someone else must have bought the product since it is listed as Out of Stock. Yes, I can go back into my store, see if a cart was abandoned,  and manually change the stock but that is incredibly inefficient

As I said, other e-commerce sites have the software to not list Out of Stock until the product is paid for. Asking you to pass this info to the software engineers. It can be done.