paul2249's profile

15 Messages

• 

292 Points

Sat, Dec 4, 2021 7:30 PM

Error when publishing using web builder

I am receiving an error when publishing using web builder. There is no error message and the program shuts down. 
Is there a way to identify the error?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

2 m ago

Hello, 

Which builder is this happening with?

Sitebuilder Desktop? Or Sitebuilder Plus?

15 Messages

• 

292 Points

@elyzabethv website gold plus package

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

Ok, so that is the package you pay for, but when you go to edit your site, do you open a program on your computer or do you log into your Homestead account and go to the builder that way?

15 Messages

• 

292 Points

I log in on my pic. Copied pdf & jpeg files into a new folder then publish the copied files. That is when I get the pop up to either upgrade or close the program, but neither option works because the program closes. Then I usually lay out the page with the jpeg’s then have links to the pdf’s.  
I tried laying out the page then publish the finished page and the jpeg’s show up but the links don’t work.

here is the page:

http://lakeramsey.homestead.com/Minutes-11-21.html

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

Unfortunately, the downloadable builder is very old and outdated. We haven't supported it in quite some time. Have you tried viewing and editing this page in Sitebuilder Plus?

15 Messages

• 

292 Points

2 m ago

How do I install that?

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

This wouldn't be something you would install but would access through your online account at homestead.com. In the account, click on the Websites Manager tab and click Edit Site. 

15 Messages

• 

292 Points

Thanks I’ll check it out. 

15 Messages

• 

292 Points

2 m ago

Can I use the same name and files?