marjorie9668's profile

6 Messages

• 

182 Points

Mon, Sep 12, 2022 10:13 PM

Customizing Section. Is there a way to customize only part of a section?

I know you can customize the entire section with a background, but I want to have both sides be a certain background and the middle part a different color without having to use container boxes.  Right now if you change background, it goes for both left, middle, and right of the section.   I have many sections with different dates, and I like the middle to be white, and only the middle.  I don't want to have to keep inserting, moving and dragging colored container boxes every time I add some content to the middle.  

Is there a way to target certain parts of a section to customize?    I don't want the entire section customized the same.

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

105.8K Points

3 months ago

Hello, 

Sections are separated horizontally, not vertically. If you want to have a different color in the middle, this would need to be done using an element like a box or a shape that is placed underneath all elements. 

6 Messages

• 

182 Points

3 months ago

Yeah and that is a pain because I want to have everything separated by date in the middle section.  It's like a calendar feed on headlines.  So there are 28-31 sections.  It's hard to describe.  But if there is a headline say for the day before, I can't drag the section below it down to make more room to insert it, without dragging the entire container box and that messes everything up.  You should be able to select each part in the section and customize it.  I mean there are lines, it is not all one piece. 

Plus when I add text boxes (plural) with new headlines and photos several times a day, the container box does not move down and I have to drag it. to make it longer than the text box.  Then I can't connect  the container section to the top section before or after or when I drag a section , because it ALL moves together. You should be able to lock the piece so it doesn't go into another area, and then when you hit return on the text box, the container box will move as well. 

I want to just take the specific date (section) and add text boxes and pics to it as they come in daily.  So right now I have the container box close to section edge but not completely and so I have separations in color for each date.  It looks like I have a colored separation border from each date (section) and this is not what I want.  But I have to live with it. At least I am able to drag top or bottom section without interfering with the container box and all my headlines and photos. 

(edited)