lee9402's profile

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

Fri, Sep 16, 2022 4:13 PM

Change page name

I want to change the name of a page without deleting or changing the page. Is this possible?

275 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

3 months ago

Easy!  Go to your Elements menu on the left. Choose Pages.  Page list shows up, choose the little hamburger menu icon next to the page you want to rename and that control feature is right there.  Picture attached.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

3 months ago

It seems your solution points to things I can't find, perhaps because I'm working with an old version of Homestead. Not sure how to update without losing everything. I don't see the word "Elements" or any way to "Manage Pages." Thank you for taking the time to show me a solution. Any further comments on how to get to "Manage Pages?"

275 Messages

• 

9.3K Points

3 months ago

Ah!  If you are still using SiteBuilder, I can't remember back that far.  I know you can do it though.  Look for your list of PAGES and I believe you will find something similar.  While it IS a pain to do, I highly recommend updating to Website Builder.  You really don't lose everything, but you have to rebuild in the new templates.  I have done this many times and the easiest way I found to do it is to "visit" your website, drag all the images into a new folder on your desktop.  This gives you a chance to rename them so they are searchable (if not already) by Google. That helps your ranking on Google.  Then, grab all your text and copy it into a Word Document.  For example:  first title it HOME PAGE, paste it in, next Title would be ABOUT US then paste that, so you don't lose track of what went where.  Start on your Homestead log-in page and you should see a button that says New Site/Add a website (if your account level allows for multiple sites-otherwise you can call them and ask them for a trial period.)  You pick a template you like and go from there.  The new tools have a bit of a learning curve if you've been on site builder.  An example would be there is no "grouping" of objects....you use "containers" now..putting everything you want to stay together in a little box.  The new builder is excellent for the newest mobile viewing requirements by Google.  Word of caution, always check the mobile site view (which is independently editable) because as you add things, they tend to drop to the bottom.   That's another quirky thing, but easy to manage. The tutorials are pretty good and then the community is always here, too.  Good luck!