S

2 Messages

• 

82 Points

Fri, Feb 19, 2021 8:27 PM

How do I Replace my old website?

What steps do I need to take to replace my existing website with the new one I have built/queued in Site Builder? Should I delete the old one then upload the new one?  I'm a bit nervous to loose all of the work I've put into the new one.   

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

95.3K Points

3 m ago

Hello,

The domain can be connected to the new website by changing the site association. Here are instructions to do so. If you have any trouble please let me know. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/account-billing/account-change-site-association/5f2a9a84581809588449007a

This will not delete the current site the domain is connected to, it will still be available in the websites manager tab. 

2 Messages

• 

82 Points

That was wonderful Michelle, thankyou very much for your help!  It's up and running great:)  Much easier than I expected,,, and I get too keep the old and busted one for nostalgia's sake

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

95.3K Points

Perfect!! I'm glad it was smooth. Yes, it is great to have for referencing or any other purposes.