M

7 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wed, Sep 15, 2021 3:10 PM

New Website Still Not Publishing- New Problem

Good morning. We are still trying to publish our first website www.stonewallbakeryandcrafts.com  with Homestead and took some earlier advice from the community. We still have not succeeded in getting it published but we have gone from the site saying it was "under construction" to now this morning when we tried to publish it it says:

Error 1001

Ray ID: 68f2a08b1efc2bcc • 2021-09-15 14:43:24 UTC

DNS resolution error

What happened?

You've requested a page on a website (stonewallbakeryandcrafts.com) that is on the Cloudflare network. Cloudflare is currently unable to resolve your requested domain (stonewallbakeryandcrafts.com). There are two potential causes of this:

• Most likely: if the owner just signed up for Cloudflare it can take a few minutes for the website's information to be distributed to our global network.
  • Less likely: something is wrong with this site's configuration. Usually this happens when accounts have been signed up with a partner organization (e.g., a hosting provider) and the provider's DNS fails.

What do we do now ?. It is frustrating because all the functions on the website work fine, so we feel like we are 99.9% done we just can't activate our website for everyone to see. Help.

Responses

Brand User

1.7K Messages

• 

61.5K Points

4 d ago

Ok, I see. It's trying to connect to the SSL and encountering an error. It requires different DNS than I provided earlier. 

Can you delete all CNAMEs that I gave you and make sure you only have two A records, one the record for @ and one the record for www

The IPs for both records are the same: 66.235.200.25

When you've completed this, please wait about 10 minutes and then press "Next" on this page:

Homestead SSL

7 Messages

• 

140 Points

@elyzabethv Hi, will these changes I need to make be on my Domain server  DNS Management website which is Domain.com or on Homestead Builder ?

Brand User

1.7K Messages

• 

61.5K Points

The DNS edits will need to be done through Domain.com

7 Messages

• 

140 Points

I thought so. I have quite a few A entries under DNS. Do I need to delete all of them except the 2 I need ?.

Thanks.

Brand User

1.7K Messages

• 

61.5K Points

Only the ones that pertain to your website. Possibly "@", "www", "*". There may be some in there for your email and those shouldn't be deleted. 

7 Messages

• 

140 Points

@elyzabethv  Thank you, We was able to get our website up and running !.

Now we have a new situation which we hope is minor. We wanted to make a few adjustments to our site (mainly deleting the PayPal buttons-deciding to use that service later).  No problem-easily done. We saved everything and even previewed all the pages(4) to make sure everything looked correct-which it did. We went to publish it and when we hit preview the published site did not change on the website the changes we made that everyone will view and was still showing the old view with the PayPal buttons. But the website we see on our lap top looks correct. We are not sure what to do. I guess temporarily we could put something on the home page that says " Site temporarily down".  We looked on the community help site for anything about how to unpublish a website but all articles looked liked they pertain to the old Homestead format and not the new. Please advise.