homestead_faq's profileBrand User

673 Messages

• 

44.5K Points

Mon, Dec 20, 2021 8:35 PM

Issues Uploading to Sitebuilder Plus - 12/20/2021

Issues Uploading to Sitebuilder Plus - 12/20/2021

We are aware of an issue with uploading files to Sitebuilder Plus. We are currently investigating the cause and will post updates as we gather more information.

17 Messages

• 

252 Points

2 m ago

I am getting pop up widow saying the page in not responding then ask me to either wait or exit.

This started yesterday and I can't get anything done. Something that shuo9ld have taken 30-45 minutes as taken over 5 hours and I am still not finished

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled slow site/ not responding
Brand User

228 Messages

• 

22.1K Points

Which website are you experiencing an issue with? This sounds like it may be the browser timing out due to long processes, and would recommend giving it more time to fully load as well. 

9 Messages

• 

356 Points

I have been having this same issue... slowly getting worse over the last couple of months.  Thought it was an internet or browser issue on our end until we tried managing our site from different computers and different internet providers.

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

it is taking me 45 minutes to upload a single image into a photo gallery.  this site has always been terribly slow for editing and publishing pages, but all of a sudden it is WAY worse now.  and forget about publishing a page - that almost never works!  i have a few hundred more images that i need to upload, but it will take FOREVER.  is there a better website builder for what i am trying to do (uploading many images and frequently re-publishing pages?  HELP!

31 Messages

• 

320 Points

Same issue here with mine. Taking a very, very long time to upload images to the website through the Sitebuilder Plus. Its been doing this now for a couple of weeks and its very annoying. What's going on?

17 Messages

• 

252 Points

Yep! same here. can't get anything done 

32 Messages

• 

712 Points

1 m ago

I have been with Homestead for 20 years. I have 16 Sitebuilder Plus websites. I am wasting hour after hour not being able to Start up - Save - Publish - Importing files. It is getting to a point of rediculous. Please don't tell me Homestead is no longer supporting Sitebuilder Plus . I have top Broadband here in Australia and have no other Internet or website problems. I have to be able to do the above without wasting hours of my time . I just cannot get anything done on my sites. A solution please.   Brian Darby   my main site  www.vintagespeedway.com  has over 1,000,000 hits.   

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Starting up - Saving - publishing - importing files.

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

there are at least two other conversations on this issue.  I'm very concerned that there have been no responses by anyone from tech support at homestead for two days

32 Messages

• 

712 Points

Thanks Mike

Yes it is a big concern.

There are 3 complaints on this issue now.

How does one connect with a Tech person in Homestead to get an answer .?

Brian

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

@brian4668

here's something another user posted (I'm calling tomorrow)

HELP
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998 (To close your Account)
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)

32 Messages

• 

712 Points

Thanks Mike

A bit expensive to call from Australia - who knows how long the call might take?

And what time do I call ?

Any chance you can tell me what they say after you call ? 

I should not have to pay out for expensive phone calls  .Brian

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

@brian4668

i'll be happy to tell you what they say 

3 Messages

• 

80 Points

1 m ago

I cannot edit my site. copying updated files it says but nothing develops after 15 minutes.  It was not like this last time I edited it.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled helenroy.net is my site

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

1 m ago

Website Builder Says Updating & Copying Files and does not complete. I left it overnight and still have the same message. Urgently need to update my webiste - please help !!!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Website Builder Says Updating & Copying Files and does not complete

3 Messages

• 

252 Points

1 m ago

Same problem for last 2 days. Won't upload a jpeg photo. I have done this weekly for years without problems. My internet connection is better than it ever has been.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Issue uploading

6 Messages

• 

322 Points

Same! So frustrating...

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

1 m ago

I am unable to upload photos for some reason.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled inserting images

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

1 m ago

I have had issues with uploading files to Sitebuilder. 

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Uploading problems

5 Messages

• 

100 Points

I didn't have problems updating my credit card but

I have problems with uploading files to Sitebuilder. 

Very disappointed.

9 Messages

• 

356 Points

1 m ago

For a couple of months now we have constantly had issues loading, saving, and publishing our site.  At times, it will open fine, at first, but then slowly lock up until we cannot get it to do anything.  We originally thought it was an issue with our internet, so I did not report it.  But now I have tried to manage our site on 2 other computers with different internet services and have the exact same issues.  This last week, I can only work on the site for 10-15 minutes before it completely froze up.  Also, when I try to open the site, it occasionally tells me that published files are different than our local files??

I started a thread on December 3 and @elyzabethv was able to clear my cache from their end and it helped a little... but I am still having serious issues in line with what is mentioned from of users above.

(edited)

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

1 m ago

Today's battles:

At the suggestion of another user, I resized my images before attempting to up load.  the first two went through smoothly, making me think the problem had been solved!  but spoke too soon, the next ones took the typical three to four attempts, leaving blank thumbnails that I had to delete.  then it started loading double-images, and even random images.  the last one that I uploaded took 15 tries!  decided to just save and get off - it took 11 attempts to save my work before the site just locked up.  altogether, I spent 8 hours on the site to ultimately load 17 images = an average of 28 minutes per image.

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

I apologize for the frustration. We're looking into this issue. 

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

1 m ago

Hello all, 

I've gotten word that this issue should be resolved. Could you please test and confirm whether you're still experiencing this issue?

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

@elyzabethv

I've used this site for years and years and now for the last three days, it is not letting me link my forms to my site that I've done 100's of times before. Keeps saying uploading files and never uploads them. When I try to publish, now I get some weird disable pop up blocker message. What do I need to do ?  

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

Unfortunately, we're still working on this issue. For now, we ask for your patience as we work to find the cause and fix this. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Still having problems. Are there any fixes yet?

1 Message

• 

60 Points

1 m ago

Anytime we try to upload a document or an image, it gets stuck for hours

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

Hello, 

Could you please try clearing cache and trying again? This issue is supposed to be fixed as of this morning. If you still experience the issue after clearing cache, please let me know so I can get this reported. 

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

@elyzabethv

this is the error message that pops up every few minutes (very frequently, nearly constantly) - it darkens the screen and freezes any action until you hit the close button and it goes away.  is this what is disrupting the uploads?  why is this error message being triggered so often?  it reads;

"Oops your page could not be saved, possibly due to network or server issues. Try saving the page again, and if it still doesn't work, call us at 1-800-710-1998 (Error code 0X19)"

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

Ok, thank you. I've reported this. 

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

1 m ago

started out good, uploaded two images the way it should work (quickly), then it started to take two or three tries to get an image to stick (the way I've gotten used to it working), and then it froze up.

a total of (10) images that took two hours.  being frozen, I can't save the work (did one save halfway through - the save took six tries to work) so I'll close out and see how many I actually lose.  I would say - no, still not fixed.

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

Could you please try clearing cache and trying again? We had another person who said the issue persisted, but after clearing cache, the issue was fixed for them. 

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

@elyzabethv

do you mean clearing the cache in my google chrome settings - it was only 304 MB, but I did it - i'll see if the site works better - thanks! 

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

@elyzabethv

nope - froze up after three tries to upload an image.  shut everything down, rebooted and tried again.  it had saved the two empty thumbnails from the previous session, deleted both of those and attempted to upload again - froze up on first try.  it keeps giving me the error message about not being able to save changes (even when no changes were made yet) - could that have something to do with it - is that being triggered too soon? 

66 Messages

• 

978 Points

@elyzabethv

today's report:

when I opened the editor, it took me to my first page (not the page I had left off from).  I decided to try and add some images to that page and two images loaded successfully and rather quickly, it even re-sized the images for me.  so, I went back to the page I was originally working on and attempted to add an image - it failed twice, leaving to blank thumbnails.  I decided to try a smaller page (like the first page was) and was able to load five images (as usual, it was agonizingly slow, but it worked and even resized the images for me).  I was thinking I was onto something with page size and wanted to add a few more images to the smaller page before going back and trying the larger page again - BUT - still on the smaller page, attempting to add a sixth image and it FROZE.  I have been waiting 45 minutes for it to un-freeze, but no luck - it remains frozen and I will just have to log off.  (are the other users still experiencing the problem?)

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

Ok, I'll get this reported. Only one other person has responded after it was reported fixed and clearing cache worked for them. I'm still waiting for more reports

1 Message

• 

62 Points

1 m ago

I have been trying to get my newsletter uploaded for 3 days and still get the error message of RESULT_CODE_HUNG. HELP!!!

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

I apologize, this issue is still being worked on. We are looking into it and will get this resolves as soon as possible. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

1 m ago

If we take you at your word, you've been "investigating" this issue for more than a week - with NO updates and no resolution.

Brand User

3.5K Messages

• 

78.4K Points

There is a ticket created and it is being investigated. Sometimes fixes aren't quick or easy. It takes time to figure out what is causing the issue and how to resolve it. I'll let you know as soon as I get word that it is resolved. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

As "customer support" replies go, yours was only mildly condescending. Thanks, I guess?

Time to go shopping ...

9 Messages

• 

356 Points

1 m ago

I've just spent almost 2 hours trying to update 2 images on our site.  Site keeps freezing up... I get "this page is unresponsive" pop ups and have to reload the page.  Also, randomly after reloading it will tell me that my "local and published versions" are not the same and asks me which one I want to "keep" ("download published" or "keep local").  What does this even mean?  And since I am literally saving after every single step... how could they be different?? And now, after finally getting my images to upload and the site to publish (after multiple reloads and attempts) ... when you view our webpage it does not show the updated images.