Skip to main content

Tue, Dec 1, 2020 3:45 PM

Image Library

How do I delete images in my image library?

Responses

Brand User

748 Messages

• 

51.5K Points

2 months ago

Hello, 

Are you referring to images in your File Manager? I looked on your site to see if you had a regular gallery or a scrolling gallery and couldn't find either.

13 Messages

• 

290 Points

The support person told me I had to delete images to make space?  Does that make any sense to you?

Brand User

748 Messages

• 

51.5K Points

Oh, I see. Yes, that would be within the file manager. The file manager is the space for all of the content you put on your site. When you add an image to your website, it is automatically added to your file manager; however, when you delete an image from your website, it is not automatically deleted from your file manager. It is a good idea from time to time to look through your file manager and purge any content you no longer need. 
Matt, who you spoke with earlier, actually helped you out by adding one unit of additional disk space for free, so deleting content is no longer necessary to publish. It is still a good practice though :) 
Here are instructions for accessing your file manager:
https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-view-file-manager/5f2a9a8058180958844887b8

13 Messages

• 

290 Points

Thank you!  I will delete content just to be sure.  I very much appreciate the additional space provided at no cost by Matt.