james8823's profile

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

Thu, Jun 10, 2021 2:22 PM

DNS issue and deactivation notice

This is an onging issue that I first addressed with you yesterday.  You stated that somehow my DSN somehow got changed in you system.  Today I received a notice that I requested to deactivate "drj@jameswilliamsdc.com"  I did not make this request. You also sent me a notice that "drj@jameswilliamsdc.com will be expiring today.  How can I keep that from happening?

Responses

Brand User

7K Messages

• 

101.2K Points

9 d ago

Hello,

I apologize for any miscommunication. As mentioned in the last thread the comment about adding the DNS records was a reply to another customer on that same thread. Your DNS was not altered nor were there any issues with that email address sending or receiving. This domain is fine, it does not show expiration until Nov 2021 which at that point it is set to auto-renew so there will be no interruption. The email address is also still active and is not at risk of getting deactivated. Where did these notices come from? 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

I can't reset because I cannot send any mail out.  I get the following error: SMTP error 550

Brand User

7K Messages

• 

101.2K Points

Okay, this is the first mention of this error. For this error please run a full anti virus scan on your computer then proceed wth updating the password with these instructions. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/email-support/account-reset-email-password/5f2a9a83581809588448cde0 Let me know when both of these are completed and I can lift the 550 error. 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

9 d ago

Helpdesk@jameswilliamsdc.com

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

9 d ago

I assume that my drj@jameswilliamsdc.com email is not working because you have not yet reinstated my DSN number yet?

Brand User

7K Messages

• 

101.2K Points

The email address drj@jameswilliamsdc.com is working. You can log in here to see the messages in the inbox. https://emailmg.homestead.com/roundcube/

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

9 d ago

Someone with Homestead informed my tech person that my DNS number was altered and it would reinstated sometime in the next day or so.  Now you are telling me that my number was not altered? What am I to believe.  I cannot log into my email or send anything out.  I can receive but not send.  This has affected any transactions with my Amazon account as well because to them I no longer exist given my DNS number no longer exists.

Brand User

7K Messages

• 

101.2K Points

Your email DNS records are all up to date, that reply was to another customer. Your email address is working properly. You can log in to see the emails or try resetting the password if you cannot log in.