D

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

Thu, Oct 15, 2020 6:05 PM

Unpublish website

I published my website prematurely, for temporary purposes,

Now, I cannot figure out how to unpublish it.

It is not ready for public yet.  Please help

Responses

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

94.8K Points

7 m ago

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to unpublish a websitebuilder site. You can create a landing page that says under construction or coming soon and set that to the home page. Make sure the page does not have links to any other pages. 

4 Messages

• 

110 Points

Ok, thank you for your response.

20 Messages

• 

342 Points

Unfortunately, I've had to do this workaround in the past. As Michelle mentioned, you don't want any links to other pages so this means removing the navigation menu. Here's a trick to that.

On your planned home page, create a new section just below the header and move the nav menu into that new section.

If you want the menu available on other pages (but NOT the landing page):

Make this new section visible on all pages. Go to each page that you want the menu to appear on and duplicate the entire section. Then, return to your HOME page and un-select the option that this section is visible on all pages. Double check that it is not visible on the landing page. Save and Publish.

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

94.8K Points

Thank you. 

6 Messages

• 

252 Points

How about unpublishing a single page so it can't be viewed online? Or keeping a page as a Draft?

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

94.8K Points

A page can be removed from the navigation menu so it is only visible in the editor and not to the public. Click the small icons to the right of the page to hide it from the navigation menu.