I

9 Messages

• 

150 Points

Sun, Jul 17, 2022 2:50 AM

How can I create a parallax scrolling webpage?

I want to have stationary images in the background that get covered by a strecthed element box. As it scrolls by, the background image is no longer there, but a new image in it's place to repeat same effect with next element box.

Brand User

6K Messages

• 

102.3K Points

3 m ago

Hello, 

Which website are you trying to accomplish this with?

9 Messages

• 

150 Points

3 m ago

Hi, 

Thanks for the response!  I haven't created it yet but I wanted to create something like this example where a video is running in the background and a parallax scrolling container covers it.

A+I is Architecture Plus Information

9 Messages

• 

150 Points

3 m ago

Here is actually a better example of what I'm looking to do:

Drones | Cinema FPV | Drone Lighting | Cinelifter | Drone | Skyecam

Brand User

6K Messages

• 

102.3K Points

Ok, so you can definitely do that with an image background. Click on the background, click More > Advanced > Size & Position and you'll see the option to turn on the Parallax setting and adjust it. 

9 Messages

• 

150 Points

Hi again,

I tried what you said, but it did not work.  When I have an image set as background, it won't give the option for parallax scrolling.  Only if an image is not in the background, will it give parallax options.  I don't think there is an option to keep image still until covered by a passing container.  If so, maybe you can elaborate. 

Thanks!!!

9 Messages

• 

150 Points

wait, I just found the parallax on background!!!  Thank you!

9 Messages

• 

150 Points

That being said, do you know if I can have a playing video actively on the landing page? 

Like this: 

https://architectureplusinformation.com/

Brand User

6K Messages

• 

102.3K Points

Ok, sorry. For background images, it's actually on the first settings menu: