Skip to main content

14 Messages

• 

938 Points

Tue, Sep 15, 2020 7:05 PM

website showing Connection is Not Private

My website has the message Connection is Not Private when entered.  What do I do!!    I don't know if I have site builder plus or website builder.  The domain is www.painrecruiters.com

Responses

Brand User

1.4K Messages

• 

46K Points

5 days ago

Hello,

The website is built in WebsiteBuilder. To apply an SSL use the instructions in this article. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/websitebuilder/websitebuilder-ssl/5f2a9b3158180958845dab29

14 Messages

• 

938 Points

why do I have to do this now?  I have had this domain for like 15 years.  Why does this come up at this time?

14 Messages

• 

938 Points

There are 12 lines under this domain in A Record--do I update all of them?

Brand User

1.4K Messages

• 

46K Points

It used to only be required for websites that were collecting payments or personal information but Google and other browsers have recently required all domains have an SSL applied to show the site is secured. Otherwise, there will be a message stating the site is not secured/safe. 

Brand User

1.4K Messages

• 

46K Points

Not all A records need to be changed, only the @ and www need to be updated to the generated ip address.

(edited)

14 Messages

• 

938 Points

After I updated it now says Changing your 'www' A Record will make your Homestead website or store inaccessible! Please verify that this action is desired before confirming.