Skip to main content

14 Messages

• 

640 Points

Thu, Dec 4, 2014 10:16 PM

Closed

Using Sitebuilder Plus during the migration and assuring I don't lose files from desktop

Sitebuilder plus loaded and i chose one of my sites, and then am presented with:

Start from save point? - After you saved, we detected changes to your website.  Do you want to start from the time you saved, or from the time of the last change?

Start from save point                   Start from last change 

Is my assumption that the term "after you saved" refers to Sitebuilder Plus only correct?

Therefore, that would mean that the changes must have come from Sitebuilder desktop (and not a miracle from heaven)?  And I certainly would not want to lose those. 

But then I checked "start from the last change" and it must have meant last change to sitebuilder plus, because it had almost no files on it before I escaped to use the sitebuilder desktop thereafter.

So, do I check "start from save point"?  

If I screwed up on the sitebuilder plus choice, can I be assured that when I reload the site via desktop and start using the sitebuilder desktop that I will not lose any files "in the cracks"?  Is there a choice I will be presented with when the sitebuilder desktop goes to loading?  Which choice do I make? 

(I cannot trust the advice of the customer service people, as most of them do not seem to have a working knowledge of the desktop version.  Also, is there a way to assure that I have a customer service person who is competent in the desktop version?)

____ 

A user friendly (allowing for and giving permission for users to be "stupid" in not seeing what is readily apparent to the instruction writer) modification, per all good procedure manuals, would be something like this:  (perhaps it should have a help page to refer to for instructions, but I can find no help page right now)

"Sitebuilder plus:

Start from save point ON SITEBUILDER PLUS? - After you saved, we detected changes to your website.  Do you want to start from the time you LAST saved ON SITEBUILDER PLUS, or from the time of the last change MADE FROM SITEBUILDER DESKTOP?

FOR CLARIFYING INSTRUCTIONS, SEE   

Start from save point                   Start from last change"

If I start from the save point (i.e. supposedly make the wrong choice), will my launching of  Sitebuilder desktop add in all the missing changes automatically or what do I need to do to assure that there is a workable process?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

No Responses!