diana0060's profile

8 Messages

• 

322 Points

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 6:36 PM

so can i still edit using the older sitebuilder?

I am trying to figure out what I HAVE to do and what I should do.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

2 m ago

Best advice is to build a new site with the new Websitebuilder program.

WHY HOMESTEAD'S NEW WEBSITEBUILDER PROGRAM?
You need to have a website program that is mobile friendly. That's why the old homestead sitebuilder desktop and sitebuilder plus architecture won't work. All website hosting companies have had to upgrade their programs to accommodate the new mobile demands. Like window 7 is made obsolete by windows 10. Homestead's new Websitebuilder is their solution to mobile friendly website design. We need to be flexible is these rapidly changing times. Change or be left behind.
For WebsiteBuilder sites look at these instructions.
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-password-protected-pages
NEW WEBSITEBUILDER:
You can upgrade to the new WebsiteBuilder! You can rebuild your site in the background while your old one is still up and running. After you're done, Homestead can switch your domain over. This new builder has a mobile editor built in.
Helpful Youtube tutorial videos on this builder, if you would like to watch those: https://www.youtube.com/user/homesteadwebsites/videos

Brand User

2.8K Messages

• 

71.8K Points

2 m ago

Hello, 

When you're asking about the older site builder, are you referring to the downloadable builder, Sitebuilder Desktop? Or are you referring to the online builder, Sitebuilder Plus?

Sitebuilder Desktop is the oldest builder and is no longer supported at all. It is not compatible with most computers these days and we highly recommend no one uses this. We would suggest switching to Sitebuilder Plus, at least. 

Sitebuilder Plus is newer than Sitebuilder Desktop, but still an older builder. It is not mobile-friendly and we cannot secure the sites through Homestead directly. This builder can still be used, but we definitely recommend you consider switching to our newer builder, WebsiteBuilder.