P

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Mon, Aug 1, 2022 6:47 PM

Paying with Paypal is not an option for my customers, now what?

I am so disgusted with Homestead E-commerce right now.  I have had a website for years and have had people just send me a check for a class I teach.  Many ask if I take credit cards to secure their seat in the class, so their company can pay for it immediately.  I FINALLY took the plunge and paid to upgrade to an E-commerce account.  I sent out invoices with the announcement "we now take credit cards".  People are calling me saying "your website just takes paypal"... What the heck, Homestead?  Nobody wants to sign up for a Paypal account, they want to get out their credit card, enter the numbers and be done with it.   I am so mad right now!   I call the help line and the lady just says "sorry, I can tell IT/them of your concern".  Meanwhile I'm losing business because although there are icons for various credit cards, no, you can just use Paypal to pay for purchases.  Companies don't want to set up a stupid Paypal account to pay for their purchases. Why does this have to be so hard? I can't believe how annoyed I am right now!  Add to that the frustration of not understanding what the customer service person is even saying, and I'm ready to can the whole Homestead group and go elsewhere.  UPDATE:  I called back and talked to a different customer service agent, who suggested Stripe instead of Paypal.  That seems to be working great.  

Brand User

6K Messages

• 

102K Points

2 m ago

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

@elyzabethv​ The first Customer Service  lady I talked to said that both of them were something the person would have to sign up for.  I was so mad!  It's a lot of money I paid out!  After I calmed down, I called and talked to another lady who suggested Stripe and I got it figured out.  Thanks for your comment though.