R

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 7:51 PM

How can I convert my website to the new website builder?

I want to convert my website from Sitebuilder plus to the new Website Builder, but I don't want to lose my domain name.  What is the most efficient way to do this?

Responses

Brand User

5.8K Messages

• 

89.6K Points

1 m ago

Hello,

The 2 builders do not have a way to transfer sites between them so it will need to be rebuilt. Creating a site in the new builder will not interfere with your current website. It does require rebuilding but this can be done on the backend while the current site is still up and available to your customers as well as be referenced. Whenever you are done, the domain can be connected to the new site by changing the site association. 

3 Messages

• 

70 Points

Can I keep the same name and adress or do I have to change that to build the new one?

Brand User

5.8K Messages

• 

89.6K Points

The site name can be created under any name and you can use the domain you already own by connecting it to the site. To connect a domain you own to a new site follow these steps to change the site association. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/account-billing/account-change-site-association/5f2a9a84581809588449007a

3 Messages

• 

70 Points

Will this take me to the new builder or will it still be the plus my site is now?

Brand User

5.8K Messages

• 

89.6K Points

Changing the site association will allow you to connect to any website built in the account, Sitebuilder or Websitebuilder, depending on what site you choose. If you create a new site on the account all new sites are added to the new builder.