C

17 Messages

• 

274 Points

Wed, Apr 14, 2021 5:33 PM

Having trouble deleting text on a page

I'm attempting to edit through Sitebuilder Plus and need to delete text. Im fumbling around and can't figure out how to do that. I'm in the section with the text but my cursor won't highlight to delete. Please explain. Thank you kindly.

Responses

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

95.1K Points

1 m ago

Hello,

I am able to see the cursor appear in each text box that I try. Can you send a screenshot of exactly what text you are attempting to edit? 

17 Messages

• 

274 Points

Hello Michelle- No as I am on a laptop. Yes- the cursor appears, but I am not able to highlight the text I wish to delete. I'm assuming the website builder functions differently from Word. In need of a suggestion. When I attempt to move the cursor in the section, it does nothing but go over top of the existing text. 

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

95.1K Points

Odd, it should work unless an unsupported text was copied and pasted. Can you send a screenshot or explain exactly what text box you are editing and what page it is on?

17 Messages

• 

274 Points

Webinars on www.soulvisions.net.

17 Messages

• 

274 Points

No- I added no unsupported text. I am trying to delete existing text. I want to delete the two listed webinars' descriptions and leave page heading, zoom info and paypal button.

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

95.1K Points

Thank you, I see what is it. The text box that is large is overlapping these text boxes so it will have to be moved over in order to access the other text boxes behind it. Hope that makes sense. They are layered on top of each other like paper, you will need to move the one on top to reach the one behind it. 

444 Messages

• 

73.1K Points

1 m ago

Left click and drag your mouse through the target text (note: you must hold the mouse button down) > lift your finger and the text is highlighted > select the delete key.

17 Messages

• 

274 Points

Just tried and this doesn't work. Trying to figure out why.

17 Messages

• 

274 Points

What you stated above is how I am accustomed to deleting in Word, but it's not working here. 

444 Messages

• 

73.1K Points

How to highlight text using your keyboard. To highlight with the keyboard, move to the starting location using the arrow keys. Then, hold down the Shift key, and press the arrow key in the direction you want to highlight. Once everything you want is highlighted, let go of the Shift key.

17 Messages

• 

274 Points

Sorry- this isn't working for me. Perhaps I need someone to walk me through this since I simply can't figure it out.

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

95.1K Points

Moving that top text box should do it but if you need more help please feel free to call in at 1-800-710-1998 and we can help. 

444 Messages

• 

73.1K Points

1 m ago

Right click the target text > move forward or move back to access your target text.

How to highlight text using your keyboard. To highlight with the keyboard, move to the starting location using the arrow keys. Then, hold down the Shift key, and press the arrow key in the direction you want to highlight. Once everything you want is highlighted, let go of the Shift key.

Once completed you may want to move the text segments so they don't overlap.

17 Messages

• 

274 Points

Yes- thank you kindly. I truly appreciate everyone's input and help as I am new at this! I also called tech support and received help.

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

95.1K Points

Perfect, glad they were able to help. 

444 Messages

• 

73.1K Points

1 m ago

What was the solution Carole7542?

KNOWLEDGE IS KING:
I appreciate knowing the solutions. It always helps me to understand the questions better. I owe much of my website expertise to researching solutions for questions asked in the community. If I can't decipher a solution, I can't say I've gained anything from my research.