M

8 Messages

• 

160 Points

Thursday, November 3rd, 2022 1:35 AM

desktop sitebuilder

I use to think Homestead liked working with their customers but since it has been taken over by another company it has gone down hill. 

You would think that since there are so many customers still using desktop sitebuilder they would keep a link up in the Homestead web site to download it for those customers still using it even though they believe it is not a up to date site builder. I have used sitebuilder desktop since its beginning and found it to be superior to other sitebuilders, even today with all the modern sitebuilders available. You may not be able to build a modern web site with the desktop sitebuilder but you can still build a good web site with it. I think this choice should be up to the customers that still use the desktop sitebuilder and not have it taken away from us. All my web sites have been built with desktop site builder and I cannot update many of them because sitebuilder Plus does not have the items I need to use to update some pages. they say no one else likes the desktop sitebuilder and that is because none of the other new customers had the chance to use it to compare it to their new site builders. Once they find they can download sitebuilder desktop to their computer and stilluse it would cause them to think other wise ... This use to be one of the main attractions to homestead sitebuilding ... when they took the desktop sitebuilder away and stopped updating it and and made it unavailable to the public they removed a important part of Homestead sitebuilding. I am going to ask them right now if they would consider making the desktop sitebuilder download available to us customers that still use it and let us make our own decision whether or not to use the desktop sitebuilder or use their other site builders. I think since we pay for the use of the sitebuilding programs we should have the choice to make this decision. I have found that by using sitebuilder desktop and sitebuilder plus together you can still make some great modern web site. They may not be compatible with cell phone technology but for the most part they still work on cell phones. I do not think putting a download link to desktop sitebuilder would destroy homestead. I think it would improve it ... How about it Homestaed ... put back the download link to sitebuilder desktop for us to use at our own discretion. Who feels this is fair?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

460 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

3 months ago

Does Microsoft support window 7?

3 Messages

• 

102 Points

3 months ago

I also want the desktop sitebuilder to be available again.

It looks like if I use the web version, the look of my site will change in ways I don't want it to.

Sad to hear that a buyout may be the cause of reduced services; I've been a homestead customer for many years.

8 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 months ago

Sincerely, I really do not think the link is broken, they just do not want to be bothered with it any longer. The last time I use it to download the desktop sitebuilder I had no problems but the very next day when I wanted to reinstall it on a different laptop it was not working ... The heck with the customers. Let them use the other sitebuilding programs. we don't really care is the attitude I feel is going on here... You cannot tell me that with all the knowledge and technical ability of homestead that they cannot fix it even if it was broken.  BULL CRAP .....!!!!! i AM SERIOUSLY THINKING OF MOVING ALL MY WEB SITES TO A DIFFERENT SITEBUIDING COMPANY, ONE THAT RESPECTS THEIR CUSTOMERS WISHES AND NEEDS ...

2 Messages

• 

88 Points

2 months ago

Agreed!!!