Skip to main content
S

Tue, Sep 1, 2020 4:49 PM

Unable to sign up for SimpleStore TransAccount 404 error page

I'm attempting to open a SimpleStore.  I keep receiving a 404 error code page when trying to enroll

for TransAccount to accept credit cards.  

How do I fix this?

Thanks for your help.. 

Responses

Brand User

4K Messages

• 

72.1K Points

5 months ago

Hello Sherri,

Unfortunately, the option to sign up for a new TransFirst account is currently unavailable. Homestead has escalated a ticket to get this link resolved however, it seems Transfirst may have removed this link on their end. I do apologize, for now, the only option available for the simple store payments is PayPal. 

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

I see... thank you for your quick response. Unfortunate as most people don't  use Paypal for purchasing.  Not sure if it's worth opening the SimpleStore.  I'll source some of the feed here to see if sales are large enough to warrant only accepting Paypal.  

Thanks for your help Michelle.  

Brand User

4K Messages

• 

72.1K Points

Understandable, Homestead has released a new builder with an updated eCommerce platform that does allow PayPal checkout and Stripe for debit or credit card payments if you would like to check out the new software. It does require rebuilding but comes with many benefits. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/why-should-i-change-to-homestead-websitebuilder/5f2a9b13581809588459f310

No problem, if you have any other questions feel free to reach out.  

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

5 months ago

I've had a chance to quickly scope out the Websitebilder info..for sure the direction I should go.  Am I able to use the same domain name from Sitebuilder in Websitebuilder?    

Thanks again... ~S~

6 Messages

• 

130 Points

Sorry... that should say url name.  I'd like to rebuild the website but keep my original url name on it.  The websitebilder is not allowing me to set up the same name on the cloud.  

Brand User

4K Messages

• 

72.1K Points

No worries. Yes, you can continue to use your domain name with the new website. When you first add the website it does ask you to create a site name. You can build on this name while your current site remains up and running. This is only a temporary name and once you connect the domain to the site by changing the site association, it will override what was used there.